Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Sprockets

  1. #21
    Standard Member Gobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Holyhead
    Posts
    352
    Thanked: 112

    Re: Sprockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Northernsoul65 View Post
    13.5 stone
    brands indy & GP, snett, donny, cadwell as of next week, oulton in Aiug, and just done Mallory
    inters
    16/44 works ok at Oulton.

    I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

    The pot & fitting kit will be circa £500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me £200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gobert For This Useful Post:


  3. #22
    Standard Member Northernsoul65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 2

    Re: Sprockets

    cool, thanks for that.
    At the moment I've decided to just replace chain and sprockets with standard sizing, but DID chain and JT sprockets, keep riding the bike (only done 2 track days thus far), and getting feel for it as standard. Save some cash, then buy the 2D thingie, new sprockets and get it set up. Probably go with HM down here as it;s only 20 mins away. Try 16/44 and the 520 chain they suggested

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post
    16/44 works ok at Oulton.

    I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

    The pot & fitting kit will be circa £500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me £200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

  4. #23
    Standard Member Northernsoul65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    63
    Thanked: 2

    Re: Sprockets

    when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
    I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post
    16/44 works ok at Oulton.

    I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

    The pot & fitting kit will be circa £500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me £200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

  5. #24
    Standard Member Gobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Holyhead
    Posts
    352
    Thanked: 112

    Re: Sprockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Northernsoul65 View Post
    when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
    I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?
    Yes - when I said OE kit, it was the OE DDC set up I was referring to. I'm running the standard chain length with 16/44 gearing so the axle is towards the rear of the swing arm.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gobert For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Standard Member scooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191
    Thanked: 348

    Re: Sprockets

    flat and long is the better option to go for,makes life easier to ride it,plus the bike works well like that

  8. #26
    Standard Member assenholm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 11

    Re: Sprockets

    As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to assenholm For This Useful Post:


  10. #27
    Standard Member bmwbadboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,896
    Thanked: 823

    Re: Sprockets

    Quote Originally Posted by assenholm View Post
    As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes
    16-43 would work in 99% of cases. Especially good if you are doing Euros too.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwbadboy For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •