Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sprockets

Re: Sprockets

Quote Originally Posted by Northernsoul65 View Post
    13.5 stone
    brands indy & GP, snett, donny, cadwell as of next week, oulton in Aiug, and just done Mallory
    inters
    16/44 works ok at Oulton.

I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

The pot & fitting kit will be circa £500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me £200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gobert For This Useful Post:

cool, thanks for that.
    At the moment I've decided to just replace chain and sprockets with standard sizing, but DID chain and JT sprockets, keep riding the bike (only done 2 track days thus far), and getting feel for it as standard. Save some cash, then buy the 2D thingie, new sprockets and get it set up. Probably go with HM down here as it;s only 20 mins away. Try 16/44 and the 520 chain they suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post

I weigh around 13 stone in my gear and the front was really improved with the 2D pot, lighter springs and a different air gap in the fork - I had the work done by MCT following recommendations on here. I'm usually mid pack fast group at Oulton and maybe a bit higher at Anglesey and the OE kit - after the front mods - was ok at that pace..........I'd say the rear shock is the weak point.

The pot & fitting kit will be circa £500 if you have to buy new and the fork work cost me £200. Following advice from an ex front running BSB Stock Thou rider who raced Gen 3, I ran mine with the forks flushed with the yokes (ie increasing the front ride height) and the rear eccentric in the upper position.(ie reducing the rear ride height)

when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
    I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobert View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Northernsoul65 View Post
    when you say OE kit, are you just referring to the rear shock?
    I'm assuming you run/ran 16/44? Did you have a different type/length chain as well?
    Yes - when I said OE kit, it was the OE DDC set up I was referring to. I'm running the standard chain length with 16/44 gearing so the axle is towards the rear of the swing arm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gobert For This Useful Post:

flat and long is the better option to go for,makes life easier to ride it,plus the bike works well like that

As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to assenholm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by assenholm View Post
    As others have mentioned flat and long is the way to go. Had mine adjusted a guy that does setup for some German endurance teams, and he made it flat+long. And 16/43 gearing. Seems like the safe choice for these bikes
    16-43 would work in 99% of cases. Especially good if you are doing Euros too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bmwbadboy For This Useful Post: