Brands Hatch - CSS

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning everyone, two days at Brands, perfect morning and time to learn - CSS
22c952245a19325c9d1344ab573bfbe3.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Hi Gav,

Training was going really well, until I exceeded my talent going around Paddock bend. Low sided, front washed out about three quarters round. Crash protection has hopefully done its job but will find out next week, I ended up with a broken finger so very lucky.

In all seriousness I'm glad (as much as I can be) it happened as I've been probably pushing it recently so timely reminder and the best location for it to have happened as opposed to a road. Also my first ever crash in eleven years riding.

Therefore based on the above, I think I've had the best lesson possible, training achieved.

Still smiling even though a big bill will be inbound. I rode it home so hopefully not too big, crossing fingers

Ah bugger that is a real shame. Hopefully the finger doesn't take too long to heal.

If the bike had crash protection then hopefully it will have just cosmetic if that. And as you say you managed to ride home with a busted finger too, so you should get off lightly :)

As you say, if that happened on the road...well no point even thinking about it. I guess now it is time for some track fairings ;)

Bloody fast is paddock hill bend, and it does drop away from you! Sounds like you got off likely so sorry to hear but could have been worse!

Hi Gav,

Training was going really well, until I exceeded my talent going around Paddock bend. Low sided, front washed out about three quarters round. Crash protection has hopefully done its job but will find out next week, I ended up with a broken finger so very lucky.

In all seriousness I'm glad (as much as I can be) it happened as I've been probably pushing it recently so timely reminder and the best location for it to have happened as opposed to a road. Also my first ever crash in eleven years riding.

Therefore based on the above, I think I've had the best lesson possible, training achieved.

Still smiling even though a big bill will be inbound. I rode it home so hopefully not too big, crossing fingers

What part of the training did you crash on? No brakes?

Hi,

Thanks for responses, and hopeful finger recovers quickly.

Bananman - we were doing the relax drill, the one where you raise your arms up and down through corners to demonstrate no pressure applied to bars. It's possible I accidentally applied some pressure which may have assisted the washout.

Back