track advice - gearing......and brakes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my EBC GPFAX on the road or Track but now the buy 1 get 1 free deal has ended, I've swapped to SBS RST's and they feel just as good but half the price. :stung:

I've tried SBS DC, SBS RS and BMW HP pads and none of them were as good as the OE Brembo ones on road or track. I've got some SBS DS to try this year and I will be peed off if they are not a step forward.

just checked and my bike has the brembo pads in still with plenty of life. I'm thinking i'll just change fluid for now and upgrade pads in due course especially given your experience. I noticed EBS were not not on your list, have you tried those?

I've tried SBS DC, SBS RS and BMW HP pads and none of them were as good as the OE Brembo ones on road or track. I've got some SBS DS to try this year and I will be peed off if they are not a step forward.

This was a fairly new but looked like a heavily scored rear disc. I put in a set of SBS Carbon Tech pads to see how they felt and went for a short ride to bed them in. Came back and even with only a few dabs of the rear foot, they're putting a mirror polish on the disc. I'll check to see if the pads are glazed but it didn't feel like it. What looks heavily scored is general pad material deposited on the disc is my point.

IMG_5231.jpgIMG_5232.jpg

Last edited:
just checked and my bike has the brembo pads in still with plenty of life. I'm thinking i'll just change fluid for now and upgrade pads in due course especially given your experience. I noticed EBS were not not on your list, have you tried those?

No - only those listed. I've found the OE ones give more feel and power than any of the others I've tried. The only "problem" is that they are more expensive than the others and I go through a set in 3 track days. I'll be interested to see what a ?300 set of pads feel like when I try the SBS DS2's..............

OK - ?300!!!!!!
I'm not quite there yet but keen to know how you get on

No - only those listed. I've found the OE ones give more feel and power than any of the others I've tried. The only "problem" is that they are more expensive than the others and I go through a set in 3 track days. I'll be interested to see what a ?300 set of pads feel like when I try the SBS DS2's..............

I have DS1/DS2's fitted atm
Decided my Z04's had given their best.
The backing plate so thick with the 5.5mm SuperSport disks there's barely any clearance for the pads.
Brakes are immediately strong and confidence inspiring. I gave the disks a quick scotchbrite, but seems the ds1/2 combo didn't mind the old pad material.

5902eb4c61ec0cffe5f6cb9c149d3ffd.jpg

c4e2f79efeeae15bf8eb2be45277c689.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shows that the pad is softer than the disc. Speaking of discs.... I've stopped using Brembo's. Just one French Trip i.e a week and 2500 miles on the 5.5 race discs and there's so much play front to back on the centres that they wouldn't pass an MOT.

Galfer all the way! IMHO J

Shows that the pad is softer than the disc. Speaking of discs.... I've stopped using Brembo's. Just one French Trip i.e a week and 2500 miles on the 5.5 race discs and there's so much play front to back on the centres that they wouldn't pass an MOT.

Galfer all the way! IMHO J
Moto Master for me

Back