Gazb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazb

Reaction score
Hi fellas, right, I've got 2012 hp4, with a shorts akro exhause, and put a black widow decat system on, now running power commander and kand n filter, but it's still juddering on really low revs, anyone have any suggestions or maps to try. Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks again

Already been done, he says the fuel ratio mix is in ideal parameters, and not much more he can do

What do you mean by juddery?
What's the lowest RPM the PowerCommander interfere's from? Is is impacting the fueling at low rpm?

Like it bogs down, if im under 15mph, It's bucking, it's the slightest roll of the throttle, can I attach videos on here?

Is the pcv attached to the right injectors?
Do you have the secondary injector controller?

I'm inclined to agree with Scooby. Something is amis with the map. Who did the work?

Also is the exhaust well sealed, not bliwing anywhere? Never heard of that brand, don't know if they are decent or not.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, but once it's given more throttle it's fine, motrac racing in Chester, the exhaust seems fine to be honest. Just don't know where I go from here, its so annoying now

you'd see on the map if there was dip at low revs,somtimes it happens,my bike spikes at 5500 rpm to 7 without any other input,perfect for when your trying to do noise test....

I'm not sure what you mean, do I need to buy new injectors? I left the bike with him so didn't see how many pulls he done with it to be honest

I'm not sure what you mean, do I need to buy new injectors? I left the bike with him so didn't see how many pulls he done with it to be honest
There's 2 banks of injectors. 4 injectors per bank. So 8 in total. The smaller injectors (lower) run all the time. The larger ones kick in as demand exceeds supply.

The tuner should have attached to the lower ones. I am guessing he has if the low speed is currently affected.

A map is 3D. It is primarily affected by throttle position, load and rpm. The PCV is mapped across a limited range of tps vs rpm points arranged in a table. Each cell of the table sees fuel added or removed compared to stock. The PCV extrapolates smoothly between cells. So at 3000rpm 100% throttle you could see +7 (%) in the load cell but at 20% or less it might be zero (factory default).

The mapper should map the bike at 5% throttle, then 10, 20, 30 40 etc. They will also set a minimum correction rpm. I.e. many will ignore sub 2500 rpm as there's no real benefit to changing the oem map below that. This allows them to concentrate on the area of the map most in need...the emissions leaning at 5-9000.

However they can only map yhe bike they have on the day. If you change the exhaust removing the cat that is a huge change. I would take the bike back for a remap and ask them to concentrate efforts at the smaller throttle openings lower rpm

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
See, this it what makes me think he didn't really do much on mine, no I fitted the exhaust then took it there to be mapped ? So would your map be a good place to start on mine ?

Maps are not free...
BTW you've put in the description 2012 HP4, what's the number on the triple clamp out of interest.

Bikes are all different.

Mine was a 17 s1000rr with a yoshi full longcan system with bmc race filter.

If it were that simple you wouldn't get personalized maps.

Id suggest you check the following

your on the correct injectors. (Lower)

Pair system is reconnected.

you are using a single module. No extras

Back