Used car market

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplejimmy

Reaction score
Craziness. After a career change in 2019 I sold my Golf R that was a year old. Now a couple years later I am comfortable that the job is stable enough to look for a fun car again. To my disbelief comparable cars to the one I purchased over 2 years ago are now as expensive now as they was then! In fact if I had kept my R I could have probably sold it now and not lost a penny for 2 years ownership.

Not loads of choice about either like there was. It's making me wonder if I'd be better off waiting until next year when things might calm down or I may find now they are up, they will stay up and prices won't come down again.

Seems like nothing has escaped covid tax one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I believe used car supply is low, hence prices have been sustained. Under covid no one bothered buying new cars so the 2nd hand market was devoid of nearly new etc to devalue the previous generation etc.

World-wide chip shortage is having a massive impact on supply of new cars, computers, etc. Then again, that doesn't explain why bicycles with no electronics are also in short supply

World-wide chip shortage is having a massive impact on supply of new cars, computers, etc. Then again, that doesn't explain why bicycles with no electronics are also in short supply

Ha, finally! Proof that Bill Gates even chips your bicycle!!! There is no escape....

:confused-new:

Factories and supply chains were severely disrupted last year by lockdowns. New car production stopped. No new cars made meant second hand didnt get traded in, and so on. The scale of the global supply chain disruption is only starting to be felt. This affects everything, chips yes, but raw materials more so. Prices will continue to rise for the foreseeable as demand picks up again. For example, 2 weeks ago there was not a single bag of cement in stock anywhere in York. My builder has said prices will need to go up over 15% in September, timber has nearly doubled in many places since last year, as has steel. It?s all worth it though, apparently.

At least my car now should be worth a good px haha. It's the same with cycling, I am big into MTB and lead times at the moment are unheard of. My friend has a bike shop and they are buying every bike they can get there hands on because if they don't someone else will. They are actually selling parts to UK based bike manufacturers because they can't get bits!

At least my car now should be worth a good px haha. It's the same with cycling, I am big into MTB and lead times at the moment are unheard of. My friend has a bike shop and they are buying every bike they can get there hands on because if they don't someone else will. They are actually selling parts to UK based bike manufacturers because they can't get bits!

i bought my first emtb this year. had to have what was in shop rather than shop around for what i may have wanted.

The comment on EMTBs: Up at my mates the other day, his lad was in the driveway with his new Trek..had a quick shot, holy shit !.. what a machine... jumped on it not knowing what to expect having never ridden one and was hugely impressed with the power it generated !... messed about on it for 5 minutes and gave him it back..only to be told from his old man.. "aye but did you try it in lunatic mode".. eh !....an unreal bit of kit... I thought they were mental when he told me they paid ?4200 was much less skeptical thereafter lol... he's 6"6" incase your wondering.

bb825d12f22592d4c6204daebacf56d8.jpg
d660f99b69a9b7f9f14692324a015f0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Emtb's are awesome,the trails you can climb with them is ridiculous and makes the ride so much more fun,done 2k miles so far on mine in a yr,helps to chip them aswell if you do a it of road riding on them ;)

Love my emtb. I have one and a "normal" bike. If I had could have only one bike it would be a though call. Great for rides when your tight on time so you can just smash the laps. You can get a good work out too because once your over 15km per hour it's all you.

Emtb's are awesome,the trails you can climb with them is ridiculous and makes the ride so much more fun,done 2k miles so far on mine in a yr,helps to chip them aswell if you do a it of road riding on them ;)
2000 miles lol.. you don't really think mileage when your talking about pedal cycles..

2000 miles lol.. you don't really think mileage when your talking about pedal cycles..

theres almost as much data collected on my bike,garmin+personal tracker when i'm out for a ride than the data i collect on my beemer :)

theres almost as much data collected on my bike,garmin+personal tracker when i'm out for a ride than the data i collect on my beemer :)
It's a proper rabbit hole [emoji23] I spend far to much time pouring over my meta data

The second hand car market is unreal at the moment. I sold my XC60 privately a few months ago, and still not managed to find what I'm looking for next.

Luckily I've got the girlfriends father's RS4 that he won, to use as a run around until I find a new shopping cart!
Didn't you win a GTR also?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Didn't you win a GTR also?

Sure did! And loads of lads I know have won cars as well, one of my mates won a 2020 Bayside blue r35 GTR recaro edition a couple of weeks ago.

This is my drive this morning, clapped out van, and 2 cars that were less than ?50 all in!
c5735d52efa2bd184c4d3679a15ab07f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Jesus. You guys are good at this.
I had a pop trying to win a van and a taycan...

Back