Datatool Tracker, M sport. Concern

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank-RR

Reaction score
Hi Guys, last evening around 6.30, lovely sunny night I decided to go out for a spin. So off I went, after about 10 minutes, I realised I hadn?t lifted the fob, (DOH), so i expected the phone call from Scorpian, although, after that length of time, i should have already had the phone call.

on my return home about 1hr 45, i contacted Scorpian, the call handler, told me that, it had been ?marked? as ?me? leaving home as the fob had been picked up as i left, i hadnt even moved or touched the fob before i left, so, if that hadn?t been me, no alert would have been made, which is a bit concerning.

i have to call ?technical? tomorrow, for some kind of explanation.

Anyone else had this happen?

cheers

i thought the fob was just for the immobiliser. they text me if i brush past mine in the garage. they text my missis at 3am once to tell the the battery was low.lol

i thought the fob was just for the immobiliser. they text me if i brush past mine in the garage. they text my missis at 3am once to tell the the battery was low.lol

Thats what I thought, thats worse then. (Not the text lol)

From what I was told it was all singing all dancing tracker,
So I keep my fob on my bike key as I didn't want to move the bike without it,(keys are hidden in the house, only. My. Mrs knows where they are). I'd also mentioned about sowing the fob into my leathers and the spare into a textile jacket I wear on "casual" rides that way it'll always be with you but don't have to worry about it being with they key, god forbid the worst happens... But if you don't get the call/notification instantly then what's the point... After your technical call, you should basically steal your own bike and see how long it takes.. Don't touch the fob for a few hours then start the bike and drive off.. See how long it takes.

I have a biketrac / alltrac and it doesn't have a fob. It just cares about the key being present in the ignition. For the ring antenna.

Wonder if the Scorpion is the same

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The fob, should be with you when you go out, so they know its ?you? and not being stolen.

on the day I have written about, i stopped at my mates, for 30 minutes, i still didn?t get a call when i restarted bike, so, todays call will be interesting ??

Just spoke to ?Technical? at Scorpian, the chap advised me right away it was an error on the ?alert? handlers side, he assumed it was me because the fob had been ?wakened? 6 minutes prior to me leaving, hence no phone call. I explained that might have been the bike being moved from the garage, but I didn?t leave for about another 10-15 minutes, car back in, had to get changed into leathers etc, then the bike was started, he could only apologise and having it investigated.

he is also going to activate the ?auto dialler?, that will automatically call me, if activated, i can then select the options, to confirm or speak to them, to try and reassure me the service is ok.

I was called every time it was in my van, even with the fob, maybe it was because it was not fired up

In the app you can switch off alarms for different scenarios, such as this one (movement when engine off), for a fixed period of time. I have had to learn to set this in the app before doing any work on the bike in the garage, fob or no fob.

Frank's last post does seem to confirm my suspicion that they got so fed up of me that they changed me to text based warnings, as it's been noticeable that they don't call me anymore. I also seem to be getting fewer warnings, last two visits to a petrol station have not triggered any warnings - maybe I just haven't taken it out on windy days :)

I?ve got a Biketrac fitted to my M-sport with no problems and an app that?s really easy to use, my mate had the datatool fitted to his S1000RR thats was removed by BMW on purchase and then I had it professionally fitted by a datatool recommended fitter to my GSXR nothing but problems with geofencing movements inside a garage constant texts saying movement even when I set it to100m distance the bike would constantly be moving 4 months later now removed and replaced with a second Biketrac no more texts no more problems and I get instant notifications/calls when the bike moves. Had both and I know now I?ll always stick with Biketrac for trouble free.

I had Biketrac on my Gen3. Didn't get any notification when the bike was stolen. Bike's position hadn't updated since the last time I rode it and it was still showing as being out on the ride (rode it on the Saturday, bike was stolen on a Wednesday).

So far, no issues with the Datatool on the Gen4

Back