Fairing fin broken

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_G

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this on 44 teeth when they road tested the M package demos from barnstormers. I can?t remember doing anything to break it but at least they are only ?23 to buy. Only thing is will the new one break on its own as well.

FEF22D05-BFA7-42AD-9436-10E9DC94FF72.jpeg70969C95-B9B1-4D0C-92EE-56413E81E3E3.jpeg

I saw this on 44 teeth when they road tested the M package demos from barnstormers. I can?t remember doing anything to break it but at least they are only ?23 to buy. Only thing is will the new one break on its own as well.

View attachment 5984View attachment 5985

BMW replaced mine under warranty. They told me they are now made differently so should not crack. Its been 9 months since replacement and no sign of cracking.

BMW replaced mine under warranty. They told me they are now made differently so should not crack. Its been 9 months since replacement and no sign of cracking.
Cheers Richinio that?s good to hear. I?ll call Pidcocks tomorrow and fight for the warranty fix

BMW replaced mine at the first service due to snapping in the same place, the replacement has no problems for 4K miles so far.

Last edited:
One of the first things I confirmed when I placed my order... it?s still going strong on the first one... should have no problem with warranty claim as it?s a known issue.

Same here, had once replaced under warranty for same reason and new one seems fine so far.

Had a call from Pidcocks and bikes booked in next week to get sorted. They did say it wasn?t part of a recall but was on another report or something.

Pidcocks were really helpful at the end of the day. On the way up to get the first bit fixed the noise cone infill on the left popped out. I showed the guys and they ordered the new part and fitted it the other day. So after a bit of a stutter Pidcocks played a blinder so would recommend em to anyone.

Back