Wheel choices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
I am on the hunt for a 2nd set of wheels, after several wet track days I am going to have to bite the bullet and invest in some wheels.

Obviously finding used wheels for the Gen 4 is near impossible.

So i may just invested in some nice dry wheels and relegate my M Forged for wet duties. The bike is mainly used on track so i am not really in favour of Carbon and will keep to forged. Any recommendations on what to go for that are fairly sensibly priced if that is an option?

Cheers

Gavin

Wheels

I would highly recommend a set of Oz Racing wheels. That said there are plenty of options out there from the likes of Dymag etc or you could just buy another set of M forged wheels as they are very good.

Cheers guys. I was thinking Either Oz or just another set of M forged wheels. Am i right in thinking that when you buy a set of wheels from Oz or Titax they do not have bearings pressed into them? Titax i did come across and they look really reasonable, funky design as well.The Ebay link i have saved. Should i be worried about a dent in the rim?

I didn't look at the advert that carefully...I'd probably have someone like Motoliner check the wheel...not a mechanic.

The main thing to think about when choosing the wheels is sprockets.

OZ are nice but require different sprockets. If you don't change gearing often, this doesn't matter, otherwise can be a pain to carry / buy different flavors.

Regarding the quality itself, forged with captive spacers are identical to OZ.

I doubt i'd change sprockets to be honest dude, i am not at a high level to warrant it. Just want to keep riding even if it rains. And I'd like to keep things as simple (budget friendly) as possible and use the existing sprocket/Carrier if possible

I do like the idea of a different flavour of wheels but it seems the BM Forged wheels maybe the most practical and possibly cheapest option. Not that i want carbon wheels. I did see a set of BMW Carbon wheels for 1500 but i'd be worried buying a used set that can't be changed under warranty.

Oh, forgot to ask. While on the subject of sprockets. Any recommendations on sizing? I am going to change my chain and sprockets soon. (Keeping to 525) I have been told gearing it down one tooth on the front works well for most tracks.

Oh, forgot to ask. While on the subject of sprockets. Any recommendations on sizing? I am going to change my chain and sprockets soon. (Keeping to 525) I have been told gearing it down one tooth on the front works well for most tracks.
520 / 120links

16/43 is the most common gearing on BM

CoreMoto forged are popular in the US/NorCal area?especially amongst track guys. As a forged aluminum wheel, it was surprising to feel how light they were?I want to say <20lbs front and <25 rear?but that?s a guess, but significantly lighter than OEM for sure.

CoreMoto forged are popular in the US/NorCal area?especially amongst track guys. As a forged aluminum wheel, it was surprising to feel how light they were?I want to say <20lbs front and <25 rear?but that?s a guess, but significantly lighter than OEM for sure.

its no-name

OZ is the way to go

I'm wondering about some forged wheels (then keeping my current oem as a second set for wets) and saw this thread. ?1500 for a well used forged wheels - marks from tyre changes but otherwise in good nic. What you reckon on the price?
Do the HP forged need different size/type of sprocket if you are just wanting to run everything as standard?

I'm wondering about some forged wheels (then keeping my current oem as a second set for wets) and saw this thread. ?1500 for a well used forged wheels - marks from tyre changes but otherwise in good nic. What you reckon on the price?
Do the HP forged need different size/type of sprocket if you are just wanting to run everything as standard?

Been eyeing up the same set if they are on ebay ;)

If your wheels are cast then you will need thicker rotors for the front. Spacing and sprocket carrier should be the same.

out of interest, what's your take on the ?1500 price tag on those wheels?
I haven't done any looking around or comparing so not entirely sure

About 600 quid cheaper than new OEM Forged wheels. At the moment there still isn't enough spare wheels floating about for the Gen 4 so prices are high.

Back