2 Days at Snett ....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Met up with Alex. Well, mixed feelings over the 2 days. 1st day was wet, I don't mind riding in the wet but I wont go out if it's tipping down to get soaked lol. Managed to get in 4 sessions I think when the track was wet but not soaked, and really didn't have any feeling with the bike. Stayed in rain mode with a wet front tyre to get some laps in and was surprised at the power available after 9k, wasn't a problem as it was when the bike was upright, no tc was lighting up either. However, off throttle I was getting a rear wheel weave on heavy(ish) breaking and had a big rear end slide which knocked me just a little lol. Having looked into the settings, it appears that rain mode has max engine braking and slipper being mechanical cannot allow for that. 2nd day did 2 sessions in the dry, although it was better I just wasn't feeling the love from this bike so called it a day. It's a shame because I had and raced the gen 1 and the gen 3 and loved them. Donny in a few weeks so hopefully will be dry and get some good sessions in, make or break time, never have I been so disillusioned with a bike.
On a plus, Alex rode well and handed me my ass on a plate

Sorry to hear you didn?t have a great first experience.
Did you try the Race Pro mode on the second day to set the bike up how you like, i.e. engine braking and suspension etc?

Hopefully Donny is dry and you have a much better time

Last edited:
Think I ride better in the wet than in the dry :facepalm:

Wet weather was not ideal for a test. We need to back to back that bike on your favoured tyres not those Michelins. Get V02's fitted and RacePro it at Donny. It will be a different bike because the suspension will stop adapting and switch to a consistent mode, it will stabilise the platform and give you more feeling.

Snetterton

I managed a total of 4 laps on Saturday and then called it a day and put the bike back in the van and drove home. The only positive is that my M Laptrigger works.

Think I ride better in the wet than in the dry :facepalm:

Wet weather was not ideal for a test. We need to back to back that bike on your favoured tyres not those Michelins. Get V02's fitted and RacePro it at Donny. It will be a different bike because the suspension will stop adapting and switch to a consistent mode, it will stabilise the platform and give you more feeling.

Yes, agree, although cant understand why engine braking is max in rain mode? Its like stamping on the back brake. That's what I like about mates, there's always a solution !

Sorry to hear you didn?t have a great first experience.
Did you try the Race Pro mode on the second day to set the bike up how you like, i.e. engine braking and suspension etc?

Hopefully Donny is dry and you have a much better time

Didn't really have the time Oli, new bike, new 'tronics, had to just try and get a feel for it, unfortunately the weather didn't help.

Re: Snetterton

I managed a total of 4 laps on Saturday and then called it a day and put the bike back in the van and drove home. The only positive is that my M Laptrigger works.
That M-laptrigger/datalogger looks smart, was nicely installed.

Shame you didn't have the tyres for a play

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Snetterton

Mate, I felt sorry for you on supercorsas lol

Metzeler race compound tyres were not the ideal tyre choice for the conditions! To be honest I had very little inclination to fit wets as the last time I rode in similar weather at Snetterton it didn?t end terribly well...

M Laptrigger / Datalogger

That M-laptrigger/datalogger looks smart, was nicely installed.

Shame you didn't have the tyres for a play.

Thanks. It?s a really nice bit of kit and hopefully it will be put to good use at some point this season.

Re: Snetterton

I'm there this evening; now about to go home and put the wets in in preparation. I'll splash about and check your old datalogger and lap trigger work correctly!

Yes, agree, although cant understand why engine braking is max in rain mode? Its like stamping on the back brake. That's what I like about mates, there's always a solution !

Don't be disillusioned with a bike, it is a fantastic machine on a dry track. The conditions you had are never ideal and blame those rather than the bike :)

Rain mode is horrid on track in the wet. I just don't bother with it unless i am on the road in the worst conditions. (Which is rare) I really do not think Rain mode is designed for track riding, but i could be wrong. You really need to set it up the rider pro modes and have one for wet riding. You can then dial back the bits you don't like then. From memory rain mode also applies braking to the rear to increase stability and stopping ability in the wet.

Back