Anyone at Donington tomorrow?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a fabulous sunny warm day at Donington yesterday! Who would have thought. I took Slicks, Inters and Wets to cover all bases and it was lovely and sunny all day.

I think it would be impossible to explain the shear violence of riding a modern 1000cc Superbike on slicks on a race circuit to a lay person. How is something that is so much fun still allowed in this PC world?

An friend of mine hired an R6 and bought a set of BMW leathers for the day. Low speed spill at the Melbourne Loop and they split open like a crisp packet (broke a rib). I mentioned "buy Helmets from a Helmet manufacturer, Leathers from a Leather manufacturer etc... not a corporation" in a supportive sage like voice :courage: Imagine if he went down at Craners! He also lost his ?1800 excess as well to add salt to the wound.

IMG_5054.jpegIMG_5058.jpegIMG_5042.jpegIMG_5043.jpegIMG_5040.jpeg

It was a fabulous sunny warm day at Donington yesterday! Who would have thought. I took Slicks, Inters and Wets to cover all bases and it was lovely and sunny all day.

I think it would be impossible to explain the shear violence of riding a modern 1000cc Superbike on slicks on a race circuit to a lay person. How is something that is so much fun still allowed in this PC world?

An friend of mine hired an R6 and bought a set of BMW leathers for the day. Low speed spill at the Melbourne Loop and they split open like a crisp packet (broke a rib). I mentioned "buy Helmets from a Helmet manufacturer, Leathers from a Leather manufacturer etc... not a corporation" in a supportive sage like voice :courage: Imagine if he went down at Craners! He also lost his ?1800 excess as well to add salt to the wound.

Looks like a nice day!

Sorry for your friend, but my Daiense also split open. It all depends on type of crash.

Yes that's true, but a decent set of leathers would be a complete black leg with the white panel on top, not lots of seams and panels, if you see what I mean.

Balls if i saw this earlier i would've come say hello. I was also there on Tuesday, literally 2 garages up (20) and the same group. I saw your bike as well and you most likely overtook me haha. It was my first proper day at Donny. I had been once before a year ago at it was biblical weather haha. But this time I finally got to go kinda of learn the track and enjoy it.

Shame about your mate going down. Melbourne seemed to be taking no prisoners on Tuesday.

Shame, we could have had a good chat. I think the last time I was at Donny was 1997. I really enjoyed the day. I?m doing Oulton next Wednesday 26th, so I?m hoping we have another good day of sunny weather.

Always next time buddy. 97! Only bikes I was involved then were mountain bikes haha.
I?m going to do another in June I think. But yes good day and FE seems pretty laid back.
Enjoy Oulton, it?s a bit far for me to do in one day. I?d need to camp (hotel) over I think.

Always next time buddy. 97! Only bikes I was involved then were mountain bikes haha.
I?m going to do another in June I think. But yes good day and FE seems pretty laid back.
Enjoy Oulton, it?s a bit far for me to do in one day. I?d need to camp (hotel) over I think.

Lightweight. ;). I live near Bournemouth.

I think it would be impossible to explain the shear violence of riding a modern 1000cc Superbike on slicks on a race circuit to a lay person.

Never heard a truer statement.. Your mate must be sick.. 1800 plus leathers..wow that's an expensive day out !

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Anyone at Donington tomorrow? I'm there in the evening. Fingers crossed on the weather!

Back