Last day with S1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Union8

Reaction score
Well after much debating, I have decided to trade my Gen 3, I think it been a longtime coming, I love riding my RR but its very difficult to ride it slow, I know what some of you would say just keep riding fast, but I am training to get my ROSPA and need to follow road rule during the training, which I find quite difficult trying to see the direction I need to go, as looking in my mirrors I can only see my elbows. Now I know that some of you have done ROSPA using sport bike, but I feel I am not doing the bike justice. So tomorrow my RR is being picked up. So what am I getting next well that is interesting the choice of bike is huge, but since I am looking for something more comfortable I had to try a 1250 GSA to see what all the fuss was about, well its comfortable, but....after riding it for 1.5 hours it NOT for me, it very agricultural, the quickshifter is slow and crap between 1st and 2nd and as a machine to go off road would be great, this is not what I had in mind, But I did test ride Ducati Multistrada V4s and all I can say is that all the hype is warranted, its great fast comfortable bike with lots of tech and riding it made me appreciate riding again. So long story short I have put an order for a Multi V4s travel and radar, unfortunately I maybe without a bike for the next 2 months, but in the meanwhile I can hopefully begin to plan some longer rides. I know that some other members have done a similar thing, but for me I am just maturing with my biking life.

Attachments

• _3TK14031.jpg
    _3TK14031.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 64
whats Multi V4s travel and radar

does it come with radar ? is it semi-active or beam guiding ?

whats Multi V4s travel and radar

does it come with radar ? is it semi-active or beam guiding ?

Radar refers to the radar guided active cruise control and blind spot detection.
The Multistrada V4 was the first bike to feature these

Well after much debating, I have decided to trade my Gen 3, I think it been a longtime coming, I love riding my RR but its very difficult to ride it slow, I know what some of you would say just keep riding fast, but I am training to get my ROSPA and need to follow road rule during the training, which I find quite difficult trying to see the direction I need to go, as looking in my mirrors I can only see my elbows. Now I know that some of you have done ROSPA using sport bike, but I feel I am not doing the bike justice. So tomorrow my RR is being picked up. So what am I getting next well that is interesting the choice of bike is huge, but since I am looking for something more comfortable I had to try a 1250 GSA to see what all the fuss was about, well its comfortable, but....after riding it for 1.5 hours it NOT for me, it very agricultural, the quickshifter is slow and crap between 1st and 2nd and as a machine to go off road would be great, this is not what I had in mind, But I did test ride Ducati Multistrada V4s and all I can say is that all the hype is warranted, its great fast comfortable bike with lots of tech and riding it made me appreciate riding again. So long story short I have put an order for a Multi V4s travel and radar, unfortunately I maybe without a bike for the next 2 months, but in the meanwhile I can hopefully begin to plan some longer rides. I know that some other members have done a similar thing, but for me I am just maturing with my biking life.

Am glad to hear you?ve enjoyed your S1000RR ownership and that that you?re taking part in RoSPA training [emoji846]

I hope you thoroughly enjoy your Multistrada and have a good Summer ahead [emoji41]

Radar refers to the radar guided active cruise control and blind spot detection.
The Multistrada V4 was the first bike to feature these

interesting!

that blind spot thingie would be useful on track lol when someone comes at last moment into the turn under you

interesting!

that blind spot thingie would be useful on track lol when someone comes at last moment into the turn under you

I hadn?t thought of that, but I agree!

I think the radar guided tech is great, am surprised BMW haven?t included blind spot detection on the latest R1250RT (which has the radar cruise control)

Well the blind spot detection is good, but I will still look over the shoulder as for the active cruise that works really well, but for me it was the seating position and the way the power is delivered, also you don't get the same sense of speed as the RR i was looking at the speedo and i was in triple figures without even noticing, with the RR the exhaust note and wind determines how fast you are going, but with the multi the wind protection for me is excellent, with some induction noise.
IMG_0867.jpg

Good to hear you are training for your Rospa test, just a shame you were having trouble with the slow riding and rear observation while riding your RR.
Good luck with the Multi V4s I am sure you will love it and not look back ...

Who is helping you with your Rospa training?

Good to hear you are training for your Rospa test, just a shame you were having trouble with the slow riding and rear observation while riding your RR.
Good luck with the Multi V4s I am sure you will love it and not look back ...

Who is helping you with your Rospa training?

Hi Phil, I have been going out with Terry Sullivan really been enjoying the training, but now depending on the delivery of the multi I won?t have a bike for a 6-8 weeks

Hi Phil, I have been going out with Terry Sullivan really been enjoying the training, but now depending on the delivery of the multi I won?t have a bike for a 6-8 weeks
Excellent, Terry is a mate of mine and was out riding with the Observers yesterday, small world eh?

Excellent, Terry is a mate of mine and was out riding with the Observers yesterday, small world eh?
Yes indeed its a small world, since I won't have a chance to attend AGT and individual training I hope that once I get my new bike I will be able to training more intensively to be ready for my test by the end of the year.

Back