Tyres...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0u1

Reaction score
Right now I'm using super corsars on my track bike sc1 on the front and sc2 on the rear.

I go through a rear every two days and a front every 3-4, I'm ready to move to slicks.

So I have no idea what to go for, I'm happy with the grip of the sc but would like a bit more life anyone got any recommendations?

Re: Tires...

If you want tonnes of life you could try the Metzeler TD's, but for my money it's either;

V02 Medium Front
V02 3LC Rear

D212 Slick Medium (2) Front
D212 Slick Endurace Rear

V02 soft rear for UK temperatures this year. There is no point paying for 3LC

FWR can sort you out

Last edited:

b/stones are awesome tyres,grip+wear very well.

as above, FWR will beat anyone on price,and quick delivery.

Dunlop KR 106/108 (local suppliers will give you compounds suggestions) if you manage well with suspension. They last for a long long time and they have very good grip. I am sure that Pirelli Superbike, Michelin Slick, Metzeler Slick, Bridgestone slick etc offer very good grip but I use Dunlop the last years and I am happy with them.

Dunlop KR 106/108 (local suppliers will give you compounds suggestions) if you manage well with suspension. They last for a long long time and they have very good grip. I am sure that Pirelli Superbike, Michelin Slick, Metzeler Slick, Bridgestone slick etc offer very good grip but I use Dunlop the last years and I am happy with them.

Isn't it strange peoples experience lol, I treated myself to 106/8's for a trip to Almeria on recommendation , and never bought them since lol

Isn't it strange peoples experience lol, I treated myself to 106/8's for a trip to Almeria on recommendation , and never bought them since lol
They are very good tires but a) very expensive b) very sensitive to pressure/suspension settings c) have many compounds

This is going to be a hard one, do slicks tend to last a bit longer than road tires?

Not really. As grip goes up tyre life goes down.
But with grip comes safety.

You could try the Bridgestone R11, it's a cut version of the V02. See how they last compared to your current.
Pirelli and Metzeler last the least.

Last edited:

Yes it is...They are as bmwbadboy say. They need attention to work but when they do they are very good.
Just out of curiosity what was wrong with the Dunlop. Did you encounter tearing, low grip etc. Also the circuit and weather conditions play a significant role.

tbh Almeria is prob the worst track to use dunlops due to cold temps in the morning which dunlops hate.

Yes it is...They are as bmwbadboy say. They need attention to work but when they do they are very good.
Just out of curiosity what was wrong with the Dunlop. Did you encounter tearing, low grip etc. Also the circuit and weather conditions play a significant role.

Ripped them to bits, I thought sc1&2's were bad.....

tbh Almeria is prob the worst track to use dunlops due to cold temps in the morning which dunlops hate.
Well dunlops are different right ? Surely endurance compound would work fine in cold temps?

Well dunlops are different right ? Surely endurance compound would work fine in cold temps?

they are obviously,but they are still more sensitive to temp drop than other slicks,thats my experience at least of riding there on them.

unless your Tito,then you can ride anyting at 8 o'clock in the morning at 0c and still lap 10 seconds faster than anyone there

Back