Infra red receiver

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
just bought a 2018 rr.
Would like to fit an/the infra red receiver for lap timing but don't want to be positioning a transmitter on pit lane wall etc. Is there a receiver option that will work with UK track transmitters?

dont bother with the I/R version they wont let you mount a beacon on pit wall anyway.,just get the 2d gps version,dont have to think about it then,does everything automatically (just happen to have 1 for sale...;) )

*not saying that because i have one for sale,they are far more reliable,and a lot less hassle.

ok cool. is the 2d gps thing a bmw gadget or third party? How's it fit, does it work with the race info on the dash or independent? any links for me to take a look at one would be welcome.
Finally...........how much you after, how long you had it, why you selling?
cheers mate

dont bother with the I/R version they wont let you mount a beacon on pit wall anyway.,just get the 2d gps version,dont have to think about it then,does everything automatically (just happen to have 1 for sale...;) )

*not saying that because i have one for sale,they are far more reliable,and a lot less hassle.

ok cool. is the 2d gps thing a bmw gadget or third party? How's it fit, does it work with the race info on the dash or independent? any links for me to take a look at one would be welcome.
Finally...........how much you after, how long you had it, why you selling?
cheers mate

2D Lap trigger simply plugs into the loom, and replicates you manually starting / stopping the lap each time you cross the finish line. Gives all the info on the dash, just needs to be switched on in the menu.

PZ make a cheaper one, but its not as consistant.

thanks mate, sounds good.
My blade (for sale) had a HM dash fitted by previous owner so it sounds like that but much better that info comes up on the bmw dash.
Did first day out at Donny on Wed - omg....love it!!

2D Lap trigger simply plugs into the loom, and replicates you manually starting / stopping the lap each time you cross the finish line. Gives all the info on the dash, just needs to be switched on in the menu.

PZ make a cheaper one, but its not as consistant.

Back