Fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northernsoul65

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a 2018 rr.
I want to keep riding it on the road for now, and also track, BUT I would like to fit some cheap fairings. Is there any place to get some banged up one's for cheap or race fairings that don't require decat which still allow for fittment of road legal bits?

Just bought a 2018 rr.
I want to keep riding it on the road for now, and also track, BUT I would like to fit some cheap fairings. Is there any place to get some banged up one's for cheap or race fairings that don't require decat which still allow for fittment of road legal bits?

Chinese replacement kit.................that's what I've done for the past couple of years.

50241545941_98fb7b5a28_k.jpg

that's good mate, thanks. Means you can keep it as a road bike. Have you got a link for where you bought them?
Also, do they just fit all the existing mounts - no extra bits/brackets/screws required?

Chinese replacement kit.................that's what I've done for the past couple of years.

50241545941_98fb7b5a28_k.jpg

I've found some German one's just in white. Probably ?300 in total for a full oem replacement set inc. postage, vat, import duties. Probably a good price compared to BMW full set!
I can then keep the bike for road and track, and when on track remove mirrors indicators and rear number plate/lights

I've found some German one's just in white. Probably ?300 in total for a full oem replacement set inc. postage, vat, import duties. Probably a good price compared to BMW full set!
I can then keep the bike for road and track, and when on track remove mirrors indicators and rear number plate/lights

Have you fitted? Can you put up a link?

Link below is what I've gone for. 264 euros inc. shipping and VAT ( I'll have to pay import tax as well), so I reckon not bad deal in total. Company confirmed they are an exact fit using the oem fixing points.
I'll probably spray them up using the spraymax cans, which i've used before on track fairings and did a pretty good job, then put some decals maybe just on the top side panels. So all in all maybe ?300 as i said.
Idea being that I can keep the bike as a road bike for now, then use on track, but take off and store the oem fairings. Means no added expenditure for decat and/or new pipes + track fairings + turn into full track bike.

https://www.motea.com/en/full-fairi...G_SSrjcDlI7be-lCv3yiaAifha6b9FMEaAkI2EALw_wcB

Who are Zaddox? Motea are obviously stocking everything under that name, wonder if it's their 'own brand'. (I'm curious not passing comment)

fairings arrived. Much quicker than i anticipated!
?63.99 import tax to pay
?290 in total, plus any spray and decal costs
Not bad i reckon (IF they all fit correctly!)
Photos to come after the great unveiling

Link below is what I've gone for. 264 euros inc. shipping and VAT ( I'll have to pay import tax as well), so I reckon not bad deal in total. Company confirmed they are an exact fit using the oem fixing points.
I'll probably spray them up using the spraymax cans, which i've used before on track fairings and did a pretty good job, then put some decals maybe just on the top side panels. So all in all maybe ?300 as i said.
Idea being that I can keep the bike as a road bike for now, then use on track, but take off and store the oem fairings. Means no added expenditure for decat and/or new pipes + track fairings + turn into full track bike.

https://www.motea.com/en/full-fairi...G_SSrjcDlI7be-lCv3yiaAifha6b9FMEaAkI2EALw_wcB

i asked BMW dealership how much they reckon ball park for complete replacement of OEM fairings - nearly 2k!!

fairings arrived. Much quicker than i anticipated!
?63.99 import tax to pay
?290 in total, plus any spray and decal costs
Not bad i reckon (IF they all fit correctly!)
Photos to come after the great unveiling

If you do want any OEM panels then ordering through KFM-Motorrad can be cheaper (well it was before brexit)

Probably a bit over budget but these guys make race fairings but you can still run the lights and mirrors. In Japan it is fairly common to use race fairings on road legal bikes.

9786a3beff6fffd5600f069808ffcd75.JPG

http://saitaniyashop.cart.fc2.com/ca104/1066/p0-r104-s/ it should translate.

Comes with the rear seat and all fittings. I am tempted to get their K67 kit. They only sell it in FRP.

eb770cb9003cc839123a1962aa1fa1de.JPG

Only issue is they do not ship to the UK. But they will ship to my work which is based outside Tokyo and I can use our company courier to bring it over. (With a low commercial price ;) )

Looks great doesn't it. I don't think you can buy it separately.

I think the full K67 kit is ?660 plus shipping and duties. My Japanese isn't amazing (Even though i have worked with the Japanese for 10 years) But that kit i believe includes everything in the pic. Bar the tank cover.

The Gen 3 is a similar price.

Looks great doesn't it. I don't think you can buy it separately.

I think the full K67 kit is ?660 plus shipping and duties. My Japanese isn't amazing (Even though i have worked with the Japanese for 10 years) But that kit i believe includes everything in the pic. Bar the tank cover.

The Gen 3 is a similar price.

Ouch ....... Your maths are better than mine lol

Last edited:
Back