BMW panniers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam76

Reaction score
Has anyone bought these as I?m interested to see if they fit with the Akrapovic gp exhaust and how they fit, as I?m looking to sort luggage out for a spain trip when everything starts going back to normal.

0683cc4b83ec04cdf4e7152a3e39b251.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sam,

I've got them, standard exhaust at the moment but you should get an idea of clearance. I'm impressed with them, really easy to use and come with PPF to go over seat cowl to protect. If you want me to get specific pictures let me know?
380d781e1880f549b5e82f1b0a9221f9.jpg
8cd0fed944c00cf913fd4724d0167c1e.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Hi Sam,

Just a thought, if you have a tail tidy you might have an issue depending on type and location of indicators. I have standard tail, and the panniers sit inside the indicators.
089b0b1a69b10fb85fcc68698186037e.jpg

Hi Fraggle,

Certainly is, although I live in West Sussex but always get my bikes through Aldo and whenever services or upgrades I take it back to them,

Rich

Hi Fraggle,

Certainly is, although I live in West Sussex but always get my bikes through Aldo and whenever services or upgrades I take it back to them,

Rich

That's some trek for getting the work done. I used to have a mechanic next door to my work office - it was great riding in to drop the bike off and all I had to do was walk across the car park. Still take my Honda NC there as the place is still local, but the BMW will have all the work done in Maidenhead

It's around 70 miles - bit of a creature of habit - they know me, I know them and I trust them which for me over rides the mileage. Plus going through Bracknell with all the roundabouts puts a smile of my face - not often said about Bracknell. Apologies if anyone reading this is from Bracknell - sorry!

Hi Alex,

Answer to your question is yes so you lose ability to have a pillion. There are metal rails which clip into the bracket below. The bags then slide on and there is a clip to secure so they don't fall off
bf8e95dddec2b5d6df3d89d9b1218c80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also no after market exhaust which hangs from there!

Valid point - personally no issue for me as intending to just get the Akrapovic End Can from BMW which uses the present mount as I use the bike for touring and when the continent opens up you can get a lot of unwanted attention depending on exhaust/noise from local Mr Plod.

They appear to be rebranded SW Motech Blaze panniers. I had that system on my Gen 3 - with pillion pegs. The brackets bolted between the pillion peg hangers and the frame, with longer bolts than the original pillion peg hanger bolts. I would be surprised if this system did not allow for pillion pegs.

Particularly if you have the seat cowl, I would make sure that the paint protection film supplied with the panniers has been fitted.

Back