Best gearing for street races

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonio_beqa

Reaction score
Hello i have 2018 year RR , i am racing in street for 299. We starts racing after 100-110km from secound gear usualy , which gearing is good ? I have now -1 front and +2 rear , i am loosing only top speed or i will lose power also in 5th and 6th gear ?

I mean for example with this gearing for example i cant go 310 speed and i will go 280 but do i go in less time at 280 speed or i will lose high gears than on stock one ?

Use gearingcommander.com to work out the right gearing for your application...no matter how juvenile.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I try it but could not understand 100 -299 will be in less time with -1 +2 or more time it takes ?

-1 +2 will never get to 299, if that really is the goal. 17/45 (stock) is the shortest gearing for a true 299. You probably want 17/44 to be safer, because sustained max RPM & high load = engine dead.

Combinations are clearly explained here. Pick a front and rear that results in a number above 299. As for acceleration, the lowest gearing capable of 299 is technically fastest to get there.

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 10.42.35.png

Sounds like a Portuguese name, please don't street race that poor kid in his A45 last year shouldn't of lost his life.

So my goal is not truly 299 , my goil is mabe 280 max speed but to be the fastet before i will go 280 i mean for example 100- 280 km/h stock gearing need time for exame 10 Sec , if i will go -1 +2 then it will takes 12 sec or less 8 sec ?

Shorter gearing theoretically means quicker acceleration to the maximum speed that the gearing allows.
The issue with gearing down too much is that wheelies will limit how quick you can accelerate, particularly given super-sport bikes aren?t built purely for straight line acceleration

Back