Factory fitted options/insurance?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonhairybiker

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here and have my heart set on a brand new S1000RR this summer.

I want a SPORT with performance pack, exhaust slip on, SOS button, alarm (maybe), higher screen, M chain.

Now obviously i would have to tell the insurance company about a tail tidy and crash bungs as these are not BMW options.

But do i need to list things like the performance pack, slip on exhaust etc. that have all been fitted at the factory?
(i am guessing a dealer doesn?t retro fit these options when the bike arrives so classed technically as ?from factory? spec)

As my first litre bike insurance premiums are a bit saucy so i don?t really want to give the insurance company a reason to higher the price for a slip on exhaust when i haven?t fitted it myself after picking up the bike.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in advance and really hoping to be part of the S1000RR club this summer on the U.K. potholes!

I don't think you need to tell them about the Performance Pack...

But I would mention the slipon etc as these are items they wouldn't be replaced in the event of a crash or theft by default.

I'd go as far as photographing the bike on delivery and having the insurance company confirm they will like for like replace.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 month wait for a factory order anyway ?

A few M specs in stock around the U.K. but i didn?t actually want carbon wheels for our lovely potholed roads... probably more trouble than it?s worth!

Might take an M spec and leave all the options until next year when the insurance become a bit more bearable!

I have zero experience with them.

I just thought since i dent enough of my car alloy wheels on potholes the carbon ones would be even worse?!

I was only asked what's the BHP of the S1000RR I was buying off the BMW configurator and they already knew what was fitted ie what affected the performance.

Back