Great weather today...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
12 hrs out on the bike today. 2 tanks of fuel...so in the region of 280miles.
Once out of London I headed towards Suffolk up the Finchingfield road. Carried on passed Finchingfield to the Reiten BMW dealership (even though I knew it was shut). And from there all the way up to the Ellough Karting track where at least 100 midi ( <190cc 1/2 sized) bikes were putting their adult owners through the ringer including our very own BBB and Bob from FWR.

Toured home down the A12 to stop off at a mates house who I'd not seen since Covid arrived.

I'm utterly trashed now, not bike fit, but damn it was nice to be out in lovely weather enjoying just a small fraction of what these bikes can do.

Onwards to Snetterton next weekend. Hope the weather is as kind again.

Hope many of the rest of you got out today, stick some pics up if you did!
b0ef7911b47cb67f214fc18f3971fdca.jpg
7162bd7eee25e31e6b05351d5a5206b3.jpg
a09bab0e444fb81d8beba50273f958a9.jpg
dfd9b9b8ca9146f1f21d877e14cd6437.jpg
0cf98f7ca213dd534682949692ba7e71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brilliant run Alex... our days our usually end up around the 300 mark too, takes it out of you for sure.. my left hand is usually dead with clutch pulls..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Just short of 200 yesterday morning, down to Goodwood, and Bury hill, sarnie at the Chalet and then catch up with mate in Brighton and back via Ashdown forest, nice little run for 4 of us, was considering Finchingfield but leave that for another day. 7.30 meet back home for lunch.

Chuffed you had great weather. Forecast here last few days are damp and high percentages of rain.
will see how weather is for later in the week. Glad you got to stretch her legs though! Thanks for sharing the pics

Brilliant run Alex... our days our usually end up around the 300 mark too, takes it out of you for sure.. my left hand is usually dead with clutch pulls..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Yeah clutch hand is a killer when you've not had regular seat time!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Good to hear you are out on the bike Alex, yep great weather...

I was out riding on Sunday too, helping another rider with some training so didn't get any photo's.

Roll on next weekend, hope you have a great warm day at Snetterton. Will you ride there?

Good to hear you are out on the bike Alex, yep great weather...

I was out riding on Sunday too, helping another rider with some training so didn't get any photo's.

Roll on next weekend, hope you have a great warm day at Snetterton. Will you ride there?

Taking a van, to sleep in...hope it's not too cold overnight. Never tried doing an overnighter this way. Both Sat and Sun on track.
Every KTM, I saw whilst out, I wondered if it was you, especially ones in a group. So we may have passed each other.
Going up to York in June for a few days in the moors, I'll convert it to full track trim for my trip to Mugello in August. Not sure if it will see road clothes again after that, have half a mind to leave it in Spain...

Back