gen 3 factory suspension settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajmz74

Reaction score
hi
could anyone tell me the the standard out of the factory suspension settings for the gen 3 ?

cant seem to find any info in the owners manual regarding it.

cheers

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Isn't there a way to return to the factory default settings through the dash?

the dash settings ddc can be reset to factory yep im thinking more of the original manual front and rear spring pre load.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Gen3 is fully wound off on preload at the front from the factory...it's basically pointless unless you're over 100kg's fully kitted.
Springs are in the 10.25-10.5Nm region.

I forget the rear so don't take this as gospel. I *think* has 3 turns of preload from the factory and a 90kg/mm spring.
Edit: see below I was wholly incorrect

Last edited:
from memory when i've adjusted the rear, there's nothing on it,and can be awkward to get to,crank handle drive is easiest to keep track of turns

When I had my forks done by MCT, he said that I should run the rear at minimum preload as the spring is too firm and it's not an easy job to change. You also need to have the bike switched on before changing the rear preload.

When I had my forks done by MCT, he said that I should run the rear at minimum preload as the spring is too firm and it's not an easy job to change. You also need to have the bike switched on before changing the rear preload.

How?s your fancy new suspension working out?

+1, from memory, there?s no preload added at the rear either

That?s correct Oli, preload wound all the way off on the rear also.
I could never understand why they came this way from the factory.
I complained bitterly about the lack of adjustment (for me) as I?m only light.
Perhaps that?s why BMW paid for me to have lighter springs fitted by MTC.

why do you think that is, as it's a physical adjustment your making not electronic?

why do you think that is, as it's a physical adjustment your making not electronic?

As simple as "that what it says in the Gen 3 handbook".:chuncky:

I couldn't understand why either but that's what it says.

Back