Hello guys and girls

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R12BAL

Reaction score
Hi, I have just purchased a 2018 S1000rr sport in motorsport blue and white and can not wait for it to be delivered in a couple of weeks. The reason for me passing my bike test two and half years ago was after seeing a friend on his 2017 s100rr in white, red and black and I fell in love with it. Scared the shit out of me at the time just sitting on it and giving it a little rev lol.

Anyway, passed my test then reality kicked in as no insurance company would insure me on a S1K (good thing they didn't ), so bought a 2009 ZX6R to learn how to ride, since then owned a 2015 636 ZX6R, 2017 R6, and a 2017 Fireblade. I have done a Ron Haslam track day and fell in love with Donnington park and track riding. Done another novice track day there and then Covid hit us all.

Oh well, I have now achieved my goal of owning a S1K and hope to live long enough to enjoy it and hope its all been worth it lol.

Now first question:courage: How do I find out what options the bike has, dealer I'm buying from just knows its a sport model but not sure if they picked the performance pack? No HP wheels on it. Reg is AO18 FPY. I thought the sport came with all options, do you think it would be worth calling Lind Motorrad Norwich which is were the previous owner ordered and purchased it from?

Any help would be appreciated.

Subscription paid:victorious:

Thank you Alex, I called Lind and they were kind enough to tell me the only option that was not picked was the alarm. Very happy indeed

Wheels would have been a bonus but not a big deal if not on track a lot. The cast wheels add to the stability of the platform.

Things to have, in my opinion, in no particular order.
Radiator rock guards - evotech
Tail tidy - evotech
Heavier bar ends - evotech
Techspec or Easigrip tank knee pads
GB racing engine and chassis protection (all of it).
Grippier pegs (think Gilles makes some)

After that whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the list Alex, that will help a lot.
Yes HP wheels would have been great.
Sorry I meant sport plus performance pack and pillion pack was what the previous owner chose.
Just need to order the right H7 and 501 white light bulbs. I will search the forum later to see which ones are recommended.

Thank you for the list Alex, that will help a lot.
Yes HP wheels would have been great.
Sorry I meant sport plus performance pack and pillion pack was what the previous owner chose.
Just need to order the right H7 and 501 white light bulbs. I will search the forum later to see which ones are recommended.

Depending on your budget, there is much cheaper accessories out there . If you just want bling then sky's the limit lol

Welcome and congrats on your new bike! Thanks for the supporting the forum to! Looking forward to seeing some pics and have fun exploring the forum.

Marc

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new S1000RR and thank you for supporting the forum [emoji41]

S1000RR?s are amazing machines and I am sure you?ll have many happy miles ahead of you.
As Marc says, shall look forward to seeing some photos of your new steed in due course [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum [emoji846]

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the bike!

+1 on Alex's suggestion or radiator guard and crash protection. Crash protection is well worth it even if you don't actually crash - can save a lot of money on new fairings / engine covers after embarrassing car park or driveway drops.

Back