TW suspension setup.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered if the top of the shock would thread down more as it has exposed threads showing, photo shows that, I must be wrong [emoji28]20210615_145035.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

thats your preload adjustment. shock length will be done via the bottom connection,but dont think it can be done on the o/e shock (could be wrong,just dont remember any adjustment there)

ahh,see what you mean now,you mean screw the shock cap down...

anyway,easiest way to remove rear shock is as Alex says,remove bottom subframe bolts,loosen top and pivot up but it is a work around as is quite fiddly.if time allows,remove tank etc for more room.

I'm going to leave it to another time for when it needs servicing or better replacing for an upgrade :chuncky:

Flipping the eccentric on it's own is worth doing - if you have an abba-type stand then you don't have to remove anything apart from the bolt although it is a bit fiddly to do.

Flipping the eccentric suspension mount has made the bike even easier to throw in and out of the corners, I'm impressed how much different and better it feels.

Cheers for the recommendation.

Just had a blast up to Hawes from Morecambe via Ingleton where there are some cracking roads to test it on and I'm just much more confident with the bike than before and I didn't think I could be [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back