Race thermostat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie_83

Reaction score
Hi, I?ve been looking for a ?race thermostat? or low temperature thermostat as I?m wanting it to aid keeping the engine temperature below 90. I use it on track and run with out a cooling fan. Has any one had experience in this as I can?t find anything online. I do plan to change the radiator too.
Bike is 2015

Last edited:
I m just waiting on the radiator price as the higher pressure cap comes with them I think. I couldn?t find the thermostat on alpha racing though

I m just waiting on the radiator price as the higher pressure cap comes with them I think. I couldn?t find the thermostat on alpha racing though
Don't think they sell them, tbh never seen a race thermostat.

There is race radiator if you have deep pockets, there is high bar pressure cap, but never seen a thermostat.

Are you based in exotic hot country ?

I run 92-94C on Gen4 at Mugello in 30C ambient summer. Bike works perfectly fine.

Don't think they sell them, tbh never seen a race thermostat.

There is race radiator if you have deep pockets, there is high bar pressure cap, but never seen a thermostat.

Are you based in exotic hot country ?

I run 92-94C on Gen4 at Mugello in 30C ambient summer. Bike works perfectly fine.

Sunny uk.... some might call it exotic hahahah. 1st time out this year at snetterton ambient temp was low around 6C but bike was around 94 when I came in. I know the manufacturer likes to run high temperatures to help with the emissions

Sunny uk.... some might call it exotic hahahah. 1st time out this year at snetterton ambient temp was low around 6C but bike was around 94 when I came in. I know the manufacturer likes to run high temperatures to help with the emissions
What is it when you're out on track ?

fan on a track bike is pointless apart from maybe when your held in pitlane,other than that will make no difference to yor bikes running temp.

fan on a track bike is pointless apart from maybe when your held in pitlane,other than that will make no difference to yor bikes running temp.
Totally

94 when you come in is not a big deal as you shut it off straight away

even so a fan will make no difference,the amount of air it puts through the rad is nothing compared to actual air flow whilst riding.even having a fan on a switch is pretty pointless if the bike isn't running as no water is being pumped around the engine,just whats sat in the rad will be cooled (again,pointless really)

to be fair 94 is ok,it may spike a bit on your run in to pit

So I?ve got some samco hoses on order which is supposed to help radiate heat better than standard but I?ll reserve judgment until tried and some engine ice radiator coolant which says is proven to reduce temperatures up to 10 degrees. Worth a punt before the radiator upgrade.

They run at 100-107 usually. 94 is nothing. But a higher pressure rad cap will raise the boiling point.

even so a fan will make no difference,the amount of air it puts through the rad is nothing compared to actual air flow whilst riding.even having a fan on a switch is pretty pointless if the bike isn't running as no water is being pumped around the engine,just whats sat in the rad will be cooled (again,pointless really)

to be fair 94 is ok,it may spike a bit on your run in to pit

Agree, was presuming the problem was at standstill ....

Back