Tracker False Alarms

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My brand new (in December) R came with a Scorpion tracker, and I've had a number of conversations with Datatool already. Only one of them was clearly my fault (pushing the bike around the garage with ignition off), and I'm starting to get annoyed with it. It has generated alerts on 2 of the 3 occasions I have filled it, and I would swear it was the wind that caused last night's. I tried to ask Datatool if there was something we could do to minimise these false alarms, but that got nowhere. I'm starting to get scared to even look at the bike after I have stopped :) They didn't even call me last night, just sent me a text. I think I'm on their naughty list already.

So some Qs:
1. Any idea how quickly after the ignition is switched off does the tracker activate (bike has alarm as well, that takes about 20 secs). I'm sure I can stop the engine, and dismount... but if the pump nozzle movement is setting it off hitting the edge of the tank, say 60 secs after I take out the key to open the tank, this will never stop.
2. Are regular false alarms the norm, and the price you pay for peace of mind (the insurance company's, that is, cos it's doing nowt for mine...)
3. Can the sensitivity of the tracker be adjusted, by Datatool?

Cheers

Last edited:
With BikeTrac (now Alltrac), there is an option for a geofence. So you can move it within a few metres before it kicks off.

Not sure if the datatool has this option but it sounds like what you want.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If it's the Datatool Stealth, then yes you can set up ring fencing. But that'll only be good at home, not for the petrol station. You shouldn't be getting alerts just because somebody sneezed within the same postcode.

Was told with my stealth that as long as I have the fob with me it wont go off. Even transporting it the van. Not had a chance to try it yet though

If it's the Datatool Stealth, then yes you can set up ring fencing. But that'll only be good at home, not for the petrol station. You shouldn't be getting alerts just because somebody sneezed within the same postcode.

So I have an RR and had the same issue when I activated the tilt sensor in the TFT dash. Someone touched the bike and I do mean just touched it and it started crying so I turned it off, so maybe have a look to see if that is it

Back