dodgy clutch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
what is wrong with the clutch on the gen 4 march 20 ive had the oil thingy done for the neutral issue which hasnt worked,its always been a pig to pull away,but now its getting bloody dangerious,i nearly came off a couple of times last week end,trying to pull away,i rang the dealer he said to bring it in for them to have a look,and put in a puma report,ive heard that if the oil thing did not work they would replace the clutch with the updated one,im pulling away like ive never riden a bike before,

what is wrong with the clutch on the gen 4 march 20 ive had the oil thingy done for the neutral issue which hasnt worked,its always been a pig to pull away,but now its getting bloody dangerious,i nearly came off a couple of times last week end,trying to pull away,i rang the dealer he said to bring it in for them to have a look,and put in a puma report,ive heard that if the oil thing did not work they would replace the clutch with the updated one,im pulling away like ive never riden a bike before,

Have a read of this thread mate, should answer most of your questions. https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?14577-Gen-4-Neutral-issues-Solution&highlight=clutch

It seems for most the oil restrictor doesn't work. And the only solution is a new clutch which should be covered under warranty. It seems a few early bikes had issues with the oil channels on the clutch plates which causes them to "stick"

Clutch on mine perfect, goes in neutral when I want and pulling away is better than any bike I?ve had. Mine is a 2021 model though so perhaps they sorted all issues.

They updated the clutch from all MY 2020 models if i remember correctly. Anything before seems to be hit and miss. I had mine replaced (MY19).

thanks guys for your input,ive tried adjusting the clutch free play, from 3mil,to 5mil,to 10mil,plus adjusting the span adjuster,i havent noticed any diffirence,reguarding pulling away,or the neutral issue,the dealer said i had the new redesigned clutch already,when did bmw start fitting the redesigned clutch to the s1000rr,1e month,year mines a jan 2020

I thought the new clutches were fitted on MY20 models. And those started production in late November/December 19. Can't remember where i read that. Yours maybe an earlier bike registered later? You got to keep at the dealer i think. Have they tested the bike themselves?

Build and registration dates can obviously be worlds apart

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

they did road test it ,before and after the oil mod,they seemed not to suprised that i was complaining about the clutch again,or the forks,i was meant to take the bike in this week but ive got man flu,

Are you not close enough for collection? Some dealers will

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If the bike is under warranty still and bought from a main dealer. You can call BMW break down services and they will collect it. Just say you cannot ride it with the dodgy clutch, they will collect and drop it off to your local dealer.

Back