Fitting of Ohlins SD038 Steering damper question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyta

Reaction score
I?ve fitted a Ohlins SD038 steering damper to fine that I had alot of horizontal movement, it was all torqued and lateral movement was fine. Any ideas anyone?

Also it?s fitted to a 2nd gen 2013

as above,a bit info regarding your issue might help,it's does movefreely on it's pivot points quite a bit

Where the M8 bolt goes into head stock, Locks up find but the damper moves up and down freely on the Bracket assembly. If you go along a bumpy road it would rattle and vibrate. So just checking that?s normal or if something is wrong.

would need to check, model number but the ball joint end is available in 2 sizes, the one for bmw is smaller, but the bigger one will fit but restricts movement unless you take a couple of mm off the damper round the joint (only needs to be yoke side) i used a harris mounting bracket to fix the body of the damper to the bike and it does let it flop up and down a bit but seems to work ok, been on there over 5 years

Thanks for the reply?s, I shall refit it and see how it goes.

Mine has a damper ring around the bolt mounting between the steering damper to the frame which stops it rattling. However I?ve just change the stock steering damper for a k tech one and the olive joints are noticeably stiffer which means it?s fairly solid without the damper ring.

Back