pillion pegs / exhaust hanger help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajmz74

Reaction score
hey All

just purchased a 2015 s1000rr sport
however it doesnt come with pillion pegs and seat which i need, if any one has any to sell.

the problem i have is there is an Akro can fitted with exhaust hanger.
does anyone have experience of how to adapt the right pillion peg to attatch the exhaust or can the peg go over the hanger hmmm puzzled.

cheers[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I'm assuming you tried asking the person who sold you the bike to see if they have the stock exhaust, pillion seat and pillion pegs? The stock exhaust bolts to the pillion peg as a support. Otherwise I'd suggest well known online auction site - I see that you have posted the same in the Items Wanted section too. There are some Chinese seats on FleaBay with a key and underseat mounting for ?61 and a stock exhaust for ?59 plus postage, there are pillion pegs on there too.

Failing that, you might have to have something made up for you on the pillion pegs if you want to keep that exhaust can.

Last edited:
Hi OP.

Depends which akra can you have fitted but they sometimes came with two sleeves, one to attach to the hangar, and another one of slightly different length for attaching to the pillion peg.

unfortunately the seller
doesnt have the pegs and seat.

i have been looking on ebay but the prices seem extortionate compared to ones i have purchased in the past.

5216c70a7978ebdaf517ac5b1eb72c1c.jpg

Hi OP.

Depends which akra can you have fitted but they sometimes came with two sleeves, one to attach to the hangar, and another one of slightly different length for attaching to the pillion peg.

+1 as Soofsayer says. I have an Akra system on my Gen 2 and it has a small strap / bracket that attaches to the footpeg.

ah thanks i will msg the seller and see if he still has the strap

there is a small bracket coming off the strap which attatches to the hanger, just need to remove the hanger.
sorted
thakyou for your input[emoji4]

just need to find me some pegs and seat now lol
435f9e55f6cb68ba9202f5c4af429322.jpg

thanks everyone for your replies.
i have managed to get the pegs and seat from ebay for ?300 , managed to get both gen 3 .[emoji4][emoji108]

Back