Ouch !

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Had a real moment on my MV the other night, under fairly hard acceleration I purposely ran over some hatches (which I never realised were very pronounced) overtaking some slow traffic (3 cars) and the bars went berserk for likely no more than 3-5 seconds but seemed longer.. I was convinced I was off, cracked throttle shut and pushed forward ..hard !.. thankfully the bike smoothed out, it bothered me enough to buy a damper... this thing is so light and has a pretty short wb.. so went on the hunt, the prices are scandalous.. virtually nothing available in the UK, didn't fancy a GPR @ 470.00 as they sit really proud over the headstock so settled on a an Ohlins courtesy of Steve at Conquest, 560 quid !.. if it was track only I wouldn't have bothered but on the road I wouldn't trust it again without one.. pricey but worth it..

Nice bit of kit, but ???? !
9a6c79fe058b0702fbad15a23613b80d.jpg
f012e4159aa369e7a72da8850aaa08f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

New pants too? [emoji1787]

They are a **** tonne. The one item I have never been able to justify upgrading on the Gen3...as at least it has one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you stayed on Stuart. I too am surprised the MV didn?t have something fitted as standard.
Had no idea dampers were that expensive [emoji47]

Glad to hear you stayed on Stuart. I too am surprised the MV didn?t have something fitted as standard.
Had no idea dampers were that expensive [emoji47]
Was pretty fortunate... experience kicked in s'pose... but it was touch and go at best..phew!

Think I paid ?450 on a mupo one for mine 5 yrs ago so doesn't seem bad to me.
It's getting stuff for this bike... there's no slip ons in the UK I can find.. except one guy selling a silmoto on EB for 700 quid.. not what I'm looking for.

Back