2012 Rear Shock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get the spring changed on my rear shock for some time but now it appears to have had it's day. The damping is almost non-existent as it tops out very fast regardless of damping adjustments. It is the original shock after all so probably been due a replacement for some time.

Does anyone know if the original can be rebuilt or better to get an aftermarket shock? If aftermarket then what recommendations? Ohlins would be nice but way over my budget, ha!

Thanks
Mike

HM racing can do them, was going to get mine done (gen1) but have since got hold of a low mileage stock one, was going to put on, whilst they do it, not got round to it yet.
Just put a bit more sag on the back of mine (finally after 7 years) seems to have sorted it (was getting a bit of a "kick" off back road bumps) damping on comfort settings now done 47000 miles and seems great for fast road work (still). not sure if gen2 is exactly the same, (think the shock might be a couple of mm different?)

Back