M sport springs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0u1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bought a 2020 m sport last month my gen1 has become a track only bike.

Anyway the forks are far too soft for me at more than 105kg geared up.

Has anyone had any joys installing harder springs? If so where did you get them from and how did the DDC cope with it?

Really, everyone who rides a new m sport is 75-85kg, I feel fat now?

Really, everyone who rides a new m sport is 75-85kg, I feel fat now?

Don't think anyone changed springs in DDC cartridges here yet.

I've done springs in Mupo/Ohlins, but not in OEM DDC.

Call dealer to find out ? Curious myself.

I have a 2020 model and tried to get new springs for the forks as an upgrade but could not find anyone that can supply these.
You can get cartridges fitted but then you would get a fault code showing for the esu.

I have done some research, not much info out there.

You can change the springs but it screws up the damping so it's a bad idea.

Just have to stick to my diet, target is 85kg so with abit of preload I should be ok.

Work around atm is to run the bike in race mode and up the rebound on the fork as it also increases the compression, only bottomed them on a emergency stop today so seems alot better.

I have done some research, not much info out there.

You can change the springs but it screws up the damping so it's a bad idea.

Just have to stick to my diet, target is 85kg so with abit of preload I should be ok.

Work around atm is to run the bike in race mode and up the rebound on the fork as it also increases the compression, only bottomed them on a emergency stop today so seems alot better.
Stick with your target. I will do good to the bike AND your health!

I assuming the Gen 4 DDC set up is totally different to the Gen 3 as you could change the springs / air gap in those for a positive difference.

Just not enough people have done the research and development yet. I'll lose weight quicker haha

Back