Maintenance-free chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sprockets are sprockets. World is your oyster. Supersprox, AFAM, OEM, alpha, Renthal, talon-eng

However, @oli wasn't too impressed with his Endurance chain...

Any chain can last for eons....... If used with a (don't sigh) Scottoiler. Electronic ones are best. Just dial it in over a couple of rides.

J

Any chain can last for eons....... If used with a (don't sigh) Scottoiler. Electronic ones are best. Just dial it in over a couple of rides.

J

Sigh

:wink-new:

My electronic one broke down, and my chain rusted solid! I continue to live in hope for the (genuinely) maintenance-free version...

Katie, we?ll have flying cars before a maintenance free chain I?m afraid. Have you rung and spoken to Scottoiler? I find they give the best service on the planet bar none. Worth a phone call. I use a lube tube as well so it?s 5000-7500 miles between refills and red oil is best. J

The garage who fitted it replaced it for me. Although the pump had broken, I couldn't swear that I had turned it back it on (or tried to) after having the battery out so didn't push the rusty chain issue. So far, the replacement is working but preferring the manual system on balance (got that on the KTM)

Yes sprockets are sprockets. World is your oyster. Supersprox, AFAM, OEM, alpha, Renthal, talon-eng

However, @oli wasn't too impressed with his Endurance chain...

Yea, it?s definitely not ?maintenance free?.

I still think DID ZVMX + SuperSprox is an ideal combo

This is annoying me somewhat...so what is maintenance free ?

To me maintenance free means you fit it and forget it, plain, simple, uncomplicated....this can't possibly be accurate, for a start it WILL stretch and will need adjusted..

So at best would it not be best to label this charlatan product... "maintenance reduced" ! rather than "maintenance free"

And while attending to that 2 minute adjusting job is it really too much hassle to wipe it down and apply some decent chain lube..not for me..

I just can't see me buying one of these for a 200 brake bike, fitting it and never looking at it again.. what am I missing here ?..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Considering its a super critical component and prone to failure (see any snapped chain thread on here) and vital to everything that happens whilst bombing about on any bike it makes not a bit of sense to me...

I've said this before this guy ain't dead... he's alive, kicking and still employed to infiltrate people's minds with...let's call it in this case... some form of subliminal advertising......"buy me..buy me NOW motherfucker" ! [emoji3]
1b38c74aafbe57c9203b101c0e14c7e5.jpg

And yes, that's my bedroom wall.. best salesman that ever lived imo...
Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Or ginger nuts? Is there any benefit iin replacing my OE 525 chain with a 520 apart from weight saving?

Last edited:
Back