Maintenance-free chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking into buying chain and sprockets for my gen 3, this "M endurance chain" would be my first choice as long as it fits onto new OEM sprockets with the standard number of teeth (17 & 45).
Having spoken to two motorrad dealerships and coming away with the answer of "BMW don't list this chain being available for my model" has left me looking elsewhere.
Has anyone had the M endurance chain fitted onto gen 3?
I wondered if they've made this particular chain different dimensionally and I started looking into tensile strength from other manufacturers for a 525 chain:

OEM regina = 41KN

ThreeD = 43.6KN

Supersprox = 45.8KN

DID = 46.3KN

AFAM = 48.9KN

I wonder what the M endurance chain is rated to.

So the only reason I can think of the Endurance chain not being listed for the Gen 3 is that it doesn't have enough links ie sub 120. Also BMW say it s now classified as a reduced maintenance chain, not maintenance free. Also below a long term test. I've always been a huge fan of AFAM stuff. Good to see they are strong in tests. I've got between 25-35,000 miles out of them but I do run Scott Oilers on all my bikes.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ut-to-the-test

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back