Battery lead connections M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave750

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to the BMW previously being a Suzuki rider. Have bought a 2019 1000RR M Sport. Been advised to purchase a Optimate lithium battery charger which I have done so. The question I have reading the charger instructions is that it says If you leave the battery on the bike you connect the positive extension lead to the positive terminal (fine) but you don't connect the negative extension wire to the negative terminal you connect it to the frame, this is confusing me, why not connect to the negative terminal any thoughts you guys

Hi everyone, I am new to the BMW previously being a Suzuki rider. Have bought a 2019 1000RR M Sport. Been advised to purchase a Optimate lithium battery charger which I have done so. The question I have reading the charger instructions is that it says If you leave the battery on the bike you connect the positive extension lead to the positive terminal (fine) but you don't connect the negative extension wire to the negative terminal you connect it to the frame, this is confusing me, why not connect to the negative terminal any thoughts you guys

Same thing. I have a fly lead off both terminals to connect easily to charger.

Thanks for the reply Bananaman so it is okay to connect both positive and negative fly leads to the respective positive and negative terminals my friend.

Back