My sv race bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkgsxr

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I know some here wont appreciate it but iv put alot of money and time into it. Learned to build engines. To paint, cut and polish. How to make something lighter inside the rules. Im down to 161kg ready to race. Iv only just finished it. Racing in 24 days.

20210411_153717_resized.jpg20210411_153955_resized.jpg

Looks quality Cork [emoji108]... that'll fly, good class of racing..161kg I hope that's the bikes weight ![emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yep im aiming for 82kg myself. Could ya imagine tho racetech says id need a 1.21 kg front spring. I have .95 ohlins in a box to try. I could just weld them up

SVs can be serious pieces of kit. I was chatting to a guy in the fast group in Donington on one yesterday - he was going round there in 1.45s, best I could do on the brand new S1000RR was 1.56 :D :shame:

Yep it doesn't make sense but they do far faster than youd expect.

Like superbike pro in mondello is doing 55s and lads on sv's doing 58s

Had one piss past me round the outside the other day. So got in front on the straight just to see him do it again [emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

:joyous::biggrin-new:

My crowning moment was passing a panigale. And outbraking a newish gsxr1000 into the first corner.

Last edited:
Love this and well done. I really enjoy seeing home grown built race bikes. I find them just as interesting as full on WSB/BSB builds.

Did you document the build? Would love to see how it started.

And good luck in the up coming race!

Thanks man You can look a robertsracing on fb or robertsracingcork on instagram.

Its me starting as a newb and quite slow to finishing 4th in the championship

Had my first time on track since sept 19 for preseason test day over covid, Happily bar some quick bleeding all i had to do to the bike was a fast brake bleed. 1 turn of front preload and turn back up the damper. Not even a loose bolt

My pb is a 1.01. i finished the day at steady 1.03s with a clear plan for where im loosing time. Back at it again the 22nd and zero to do to the bike

Last edited:
Back