Quick Blast

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Lovely day here, nipped home early, slung on jeans and jacket took out this wee MV again for an hour or so... was going to scope out the new carrier in Loch Long but cut it short and went over the military road from Faslane Naval Base to Loch Lomond Golf Club, same road I took Alex, Oli Rob etc couple of years ago...weather and views sensational..lovely gearbox on this thing, front brakes are unbelievable and really fast for a smaller engine...I actually thought I was pulling on the clutch lever slightly when I was gunning it, not so, it just picked up super quick and sounded like a slip, had to double take a few times...definite track material..razor sharp handling.

Was going to stop for some scenic money shots, but it was just too good to stop..this pipes a bit loud, might hunt about for an insert...
a234b9e47752d140a0d1df44ace68f68.jpg
a90150612cb2f1809cdd3df6814c0f99.jpg
101d66d4a7b88e831ef9703968ad73c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I remember the road. Once the weather is right the riding up there is so damn good.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They are cracking bikes, I miss mine sometimes. Here's my old one pictured so you don't get this exhaust if you think the SC is loud.
Before

Track ready

Have you had the back wheel off ? I broke 2 1/2" breaker bars. In the end I had to get a impact driver. Don't do it upto the torque setting it's insanely over the top.

Last edited:
Nice one Godfather.. what exhaust did you have on, the bottom image looks like OE with the triple outlet.. this SC is a bit of a pain tbh..

The rear wheel problems are well known, I've not had mine off yet, but I bought the correct socket from Grampian fasteners and I've a 1/2 drive airgun which should do the trick..

395f1f5387936cc6971a6be54726cf0d.jpg

Last edited:
It wasn't standard, I can't remember the make but I believe it was a Zard, came on the bike. I changed to this SC Projects one which got me on track abroard though still too loud for UK.

I bought a Stainless steel socket from Parkit Racing @ ?80 as the Aluminium ones are too soft and ended up molding itself on the nut.

Some of the prices even for slip ons are ridiculous for this bike..Zard systems are really expensive.

I never fancied the high level can...why did you punt it ?

I went for that one as the teams in wsbk were using them.
I think I mentioned i had a gear box selector problem that both dealer and factory would not entertain dispite being in warranty.

Stuart, I have that same SC can on my Gen 3, I absolutely love it, but yes it is loud. Check out YouTube, someone has bound to have put together a compilation of different slip-on cans on your MV for you to listen to.
Did you not inherit the stock triple exhaust when you bought the bike as an alternative?

Been there, hard to tell just how loud each can is when watching online... yea my bike came stock.

I went for that one as the teams in wsbk were using them.
I think I mentioned i had a gear box selector problem that both dealer and factory would not entertain dispite being in warranty.

Poor show that..

I've an RAC aftermarket 12 mother warranty with what seems to be no condition/limits of repair.

Back