R1250GS had me surprised

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balallan

Reaction score
My RR was in for it service yesterday and was given a new 1250GS as courtesy bike for the day, having never ridden one before wasn't sure what to expect apart from it being a big bus :) left the dealers and headed home with it, initial thoughts lovely upright position, nice wide bars but it felt very wollowy in the bends. they have never been my cup of tea but after a few tweaks to the suspension setting (Dynamic mode) then bike was a different beast, lovely handling, plenty of grunt when needed, jumped back onto the RR and it felt like a mini moto for the first few miles, spend today trying to persuade the wife i now need a GS as a 2nd bike in the garage .

My RR was in for it service yesterday and was given a new 1250GS as courtesy bike for the day, having never ridden one before wasn't sure what to expect apart from it being a big bus :) left the dealers and headed home with it, initial thoughts lovely upright position, nice wide bars but it felt very wollowy in the bends. they have never been my cup of tea but after a few tweaks to the suspension setting (Dynamic mode) then bike was a different beast, lovely handling, plenty of grunt when needed, jumped back onto the RR and it felt like a mini moto for the first few miles, spend today trying to persuade the wife i now need a GS as a 2nd bike in the garage .

84c547d6299623fea9083f4ad85ecf4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love them to bits. Feel properly frantic around town as you can just pin it in 1st without issue. Incredible turning circle too and so easy to handle despite the weight.

Thats 41 years of evolution and refinement Allan. I remember when the very first 800 came out in 1980..never really paid that much attention to it as I was in the middle of a 2 stroke binge that lasted till 1983 but it did get deserved attention in all the mags..Motorcycle Mechanics which I bought religiously had a big feature on it..

There's millions of them and rightly so.. some machines !..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Back