Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen3 rear spindle torque anyone?

Riding
    >15+ sport

Re: Gen3 rear spindle torque anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
    You're barking up the wrong tree....... Irrelevant how many times you change your wheels, correct torque is correct torque, end of.... If you're that worried then change your spindle/nut.
    100% this ^^^

You're barking up the wrong tree....... Irrelevant how many times you change your wheels, correct torque is correct torque, end of.... If you're that worried then change your spindle/nut.
    That would be my take on it too, but thanks for the input BBB!
    I just don’t understand why the fk they would tell me on the check list post service that the chain needed adjusting when they clearly had, and messed it up. I’m a little bit fussy about chain adjustment, it was set just right when it went in, but needed a good clean. Somehow they DIDN’T clean it OR oil it, but managed to tighten it to breaking point almost. I did do a few miles on it as it was, but it just felt wrong, much better gear changes now and the rear suspension seems to be working correctly again. I won’t name and shame them, but this was just the last issue after a whole series of logistical nightmares with this place due to their utter incompetence. Nice people, but wow they make it hard work to get along.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER bmwbadboy's Avatar

Yeah, whatever