Gen3 rear spindle torque anyone?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zxcv12

Reaction score
Bike back from the dealers with a chain like a bow string, again! It clearly says 45-50mm free play between the sprockets, it was more like 15mm. Now correctly adjusted, but does anyone know the spindle torque up setting? Was it 85 lb/ft or did I make that up?
Thanks in advance!

Swapped my nut for a shiny Titanium Nut from Pro-Bolt - Not going to get into an argument with BBB about 100Nm or not, it's his own decision.

Incidentally my Triumph Daytona 955i with a Single Sided Swing Arm wheel nut factory setting is 140Nm.... needs a tiny, tiny smidgen of Cu grease otherwise you have to use a rattle gun with the rear brake hard on to remove it after a few miles.

Swapped my nut for a shiny Titanium Nut from Pro-Bolt - Not going to get into an argument with BBB about 100Nm or not, it's his own decision.

Incidentally my Triumph Daytona 955i with a Single Sided Swing Arm wheel nut factory setting is 140Nm.... needs a tiny, tiny smidgen of Cu grease otherwise you have to use a rattle gun with the rear brake hard on to remove it after a few miles.

I've just bought a KTM as a road bike - rear nut is 250Nm...........

Engineers set torque levels for a reason..BBB that's not a boot in the boz off half what it should be.. lol..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
100 is pretty serious force, can easily crack the nut or thread if you change wheels too often

60 is more than enough

You're barking up the wrong tree....... Irrelevant how many times you change your wheels, correct torque is correct torque, end of.... If you're that worried then change your spindle/nut.

You're barking up the wrong tree....... Irrelevant how many times you change your wheels, correct torque is correct torque, end of.... If you're that worried then change your spindle/nut.
That would be my take on it too, but thanks for the input BBB!
I just don?t understand why the fk they would tell me on the check list post service that the chain needed adjusting when they clearly had, and messed it up. I?m a little bit fussy about chain adjustment, it was set just right when it went in, but needed a good clean. Somehow they DIDN?T clean it OR oil it, but managed to tighten it to breaking point almost. I did do a few miles on it as it was, but it just felt wrong, much better gear changes now and the rear suspension seems to be working correctly again. I won?t name and shame them, but this was just the last issue after a whole series of logistical nightmares with this place due to their utter incompetence. Nice people, but wow they make it hard work to get along.

Back