End can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much at idle but when the valves open it does. Pops and burbles are much louder too

Agree with Cupracing, it also depends which type of end can you go for, the short stubby ones are much louder than a full length end can. I've gone for a full length carbon Akra and with the baffle removed it's a decent amount louder than stock with more crackles and pops.

In all honesty there?s very little to gain from simply putting a slip on on these bikes. Been there, done that. As I have said on many other forums. Start the bike up with no can on and you?ll see why. Most of the silencing on these bikes is carried out in the header/cat assembly. The only way to get decent sound out of these bikes is to stick a full system on them. Let?s face it, if you are continuously changing gears or backing off the throttle just to hear the pops, crackles, and bangs, you?ve wasted money buying one of these bikes in my opinion.

Last edited:
But if all you want a better exhaust tone, lose some weight and a nicer looking exhaust with out all the remapped hassle then it?s a good mod . If you want power then full exhaust all the way

Done the de-cats, full systems, not going all the way with this one.... Just looking for a 'proper' sound out the back (take the emphasis off the rattly engine) and a better look.

Last edited:
Done the de-cats, full systems, not going all the way with this one.... Just looking for a 'proper' sound out the back (take the emphasis off the rattly engine) and a better look.

Stubby end can plus disconnecting exhaust flapper (so it's permanently fully open) produces a decent sounding bike. I've done that with the Akra motogp style end can - looks better, sounds better - sorted. Will never be as good as a full system, but that's overkill for me.

Drop me a PM and I'll send you the video of my shortly slip on (SC Project) riding past. It may help portray what the difference is.

In all honesty there?s very little to gain from simply putting a slip on on these bikes. Been there, done that. As I have said on many other forums. Start the bike up with no can on and you?ll see why. Most of the silencing on these bikes is carried out in the header/cat assembly. The only way to get decent sound out of these bikes is to stick a full system on them. Let?s face it, if you are continuously changing gears or backing off the throttle just to hear the pops, crackles, and bangs, you?ve wasted money buying one of these bikes in my opinion.

I've found a massive difference between stock and slip on with cat.

On previous KTM Superduke (2018) an Austin Racing can with the cat still in place was much much louder than the Akra slip on with no catalytic converter.

Stubby end can plus disconnecting exhaust flapper (so it's permanently fully open) produces a decent sounding bike. I've done that with the Akra motogp style end can - looks better, sounds better - sorted. Will never be as good as a full system, but that's overkill for me.

How do you disconnect the exhaust flapper and does it through a error?

How do you disconnect the exhaust flapper and does it through a error?

Just by the rear brake lever there is a black cover. You have to take that off (after unscrewing an awkardly placed bolt at the back), then you can pop off cables that control the opening and closing. Once the cables are disconnected, the flapper is held open by a spring.

I didn't get an error code at first, but I did after a while. I suspect one of the disconnected cables got snagged and impeded the servo that moves them. I then fitted a 'servo buddy' to ensure it didn't happen again. The servo buddy is a little gadget that fools the ECU into thinking the exhaust servo is working normally.

Back