Bar 'core' removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowling

Reaction score
Hi,

Im looking to remove my bar 'core' (anti vibration bar end mount) from my stock k67. The reason being is that my gb racing lever guard is attached through the oe bar end, into the oe threads within the bar. because there is rubber in here, the lever can move 10mm up or down, will return to set position however.

It looks like it has spanner flats on it, but seems very well stuck, albeit it flexes.

Any one removed these before?

Cheers,

Rich

Hi,

Im looking to remove my bar 'core' (anti vibration bar end mount) from my stock k67. The reason being is that my gb racing lever guard is attached through the oe bar end, into the oe threads within the bar. because there is rubber in here, the lever can move 10mm up or down, will return to set position however.

It looks like it has spanner flats on it, but seems very well stuck, albeit it flexes.

Any one removed these before?

Cheers,

Rich

They are hard to get off. Try heating them some and then unscrew them.

I tried turning and pulling the 'insert' but it seemed to abusive trying to free it.
So I decided to drill it out, used a 10-12-16mm drill bit and drilled in approx 40mm.
Drilled easily & quickly, now my universal gb racing guard fits using the supplied 'expanding insert'. Guard sits about 4mm from the end of the lever & does not move when pulled.
Hope this helps someone ahead of the track season, whether the circuit staff physically check the guards remain to be seen.
Rich

As far as I know you only need a brake guard not a clutch lever guard. This was the case at Cadwell 2 weeks ago. Anyone else know for sure ?

Back