Valve spring failure warning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this message before ?
After my crash at the weekend I managed to get back out for three sessions. But I mullered the rocker switch and switch cluster.
Today I thought I'd try and see if I could scroll through the dash. As soon as I moved the rocker switch a warning came up saying valve spring failure proceed with caution or words to that effect. I didn't get long enough to read it properly before the dash went blank. Now the dash will not even light up and bike won't start.
I have checked the dash, switch gear and main fuse, all are good. I've now disconnected the battery to see if something resets tomorrow.
I rang the dealer but they've never heard of the warning before.
I'm hoping that when I put the new switches on this all be ok as it worked untill I touched them.

Fix the obvious and then see where you're at - certainly a worrying message - is yours due a replacement head anyway?

as above,cant see how it would know that an engine valve spring was faulty

Well new switc gear fitted and bike is still dead as a dodo. Im going to try the fuses later dispite no obvious breaks.
Very odd that the blue 15amp one is full of white dust/powder like corrosion. Bike has never been left outside or seen rain, other than washing.

Well new switc gear fitted and bike is still dead as a dodo. Im going to try the fuses later dispite no obvious breaks.
Very odd that the blue 15amp one is full of white dust/powder like corrosion. Bike has never been left outside or seen rain, other than washing.

Any new developments ? Did you manage to get rid of error message ?

Turns out it was a flat battery after all. Very odd as its kept on a trickle charge and was on track one day then 2 days after my spill is when I got the problem. Battery is fine and no recorded errors dispite what the dash said. Tech thought my smashed in switch gear could have been taking a drawer but don't know for sure.
I never thought to check battery as it was fine 2 days prior and I've never had an issue. No tracker on my bike either.

Back