brake replacement gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
has anyone seen on the US forum about the brake replacement on all Gen4 s1000rr,reguardless if they leak or not,to the new Nissen BRAKES,or is it a US only thing,

US only programme. I believe that the Nissin's will be the globally supplied version from Q2 2021 (as in from any time now).

If we can increase interested numbers I?m sure a class action lawsuit can be instigated against BMW to follow replacement to Nissin?s - like in the US

If we can increase interested numbers I?m sure a class action lawsuit can be instigated against BMW to follow replacement to Nissin?s - like in the US

class action lawsuits do not exist in the UK

Don't be in a rush to get the Nissin's...lets wait to see what they perform like. They look similar to the M's but are made of different material and are cast not billet. They also use a 17mm MC as opposed to the 19 of the Hayes.

Definitely agree with Alex. I would not write off the Hayes, they offer great performance. And it is not a given they will leak.

Don't be in a rush to get the Nissin's...lets wait to see what they perform like. They look similar to the M's but are made of different material and are cast not billet. They also use a 17mm MC as opposed to the 19 of the Hayes.

Where is it written ? I thought they are identical to M

so how can bmw only swap brakes for the yanks,and not world wide,if bmw think the hayes brakes are a safety issue in the US,I get what alex is saying about ,if the new nissens are any better performace wise,or if they might leak aswell

so how can bmw only swap brakes for the yanks,and not world wide,if bmw think the hayes brakes are a safety issue in the US,I get what alex is saying about ,if the new nissens are any better performace wise,or if they might leak aswell
Don't think this has to do with any safety and more with US legal system. Pretty sure Hayes are safe.

Back