New Tank Pad for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfaguy

Reaction score
So eventually had to concede that this bike definitely needs a tank protector. Managed to get one that sort of mimics the bikes colour scheme so it does not look too much out of place. As you really lean over this tank the paint would be worn down to the metal in no time at the rate it was being scuffed.

Plenty of sunshine required for this job though as you have to heat the tank and the protector well before sticking it on. This seems like a good quality one - it would want to be for 27 euro's and it does not look like it can ever be removed again without taking the paint with it.

LfGSybS.jpg

Did the diagram show these were to be fitted here ?

Looks a bit odd if you don't mind me saying, the fonts are set out landscape too.

1151e1ad3c8c3dae71f28a6094527594.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Did the diagram show these were to be fitted here ?

Looks a bit odd if you don't mind me saying, the fonts are set out landscape too.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Agree....looks terrible sorry.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the extra pieces are optional. Both right, left and the extreme bottom piece. It's OK as it is but I think it would look better without them, less is more as they say.

Hairdryer will help to remove them if you agree. If you don't it's straight and providing extra protection which is fair enough :)

Back