Hi all

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brummydave1

Reaction score
Hi all ,I'm a new member from hinckley,Leicestershire,New to the s1000rr, after years of fireblades and gsxrs,got a 2011,and enjoying it already,come on summer !!!!

Welcome Dave, from Hinkley? Never owned a Triumph? Mmmmm. Are you sure you are from Hinkley?

Sorry for teasing you, you are very welcome here. I have a 2006 Daytona 955i which was my second ever bike. I love the howl that it makes as a triple with a Trident under seat double pipe exhaust which shows off the single sided swingarm. I know at 191kg dry it is big and heavy and with 136Bhp measured at the rear wheel, and I know it is old school and I know that when I ride it, it is sluggish compared to my S1K and that I have to check that I haven't got my foot on the rear brake hahaha .... but I love it and shall never part with it.

Come on Dave, tell us some more, where do you intend to ride your new steed? Planning to do any track days or tours?

Hi yup were all triumph around here !!!,we also see a few test riders , I remember seeing someone wheeling a rocket 3 off the traffic lights not so long ago !!! (impressed ) But my history is racing in the Ducati Desmo due championship for 7 years ,made 3rd in the class b championship ,then binned it big time at Cadwell,loved it all but it was time to retire, road riding for me !! then someone pulled across the front of me at a cross roads resulting in lots of broken bits and a brain bleed !! so I have a gs 1200 for me and the mrs to travel Europe and see various bike races (one of my mates used to drive for Moto gp Ducati ,and another still races super stock on a s1000rr ,along with road racing and tt,so we have plenty to follow ,I also keep my GSXR rizla race rep (signed by John Reynolds )cos I just love it ,but I have to admit the s1000rr ticks all my boxes ,and so far so good were getting on well ,maybe a trip to Assen when were all let loose !!!:race2_smilie:

Back