Front USB Optional Extra

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfaguy

Reaction score
So shortly after ordering my bike in August 2020 I got a call from the dealer who was sending off the specs to the factory and he asked me did I want the front USB port as an optional extra. This optional extra had only just become available apparently. From what I recall of the conversation this USB port was in addition to the standard USB port already in the tail section cubbyhole. I said I did as it was only like 40 euros extra and USB ports at the front of bikes are useful.

However when I got the bike there was only one USB port - the one in the tail section. I have been unable to see any front USB port on the bike so far unless its hidden in some very obscure section of the front.

When I checked this with the dealer he told me I was mistaken and that the only USB port on the S1000 is the one in the tail section and that this was the optional extra as unless its specified in the order the bike comes with no USB port.

That's clearly at odds with my recollection of what I was told as mentioned above and I see from another thread on here that a front USB port was/is available as an optional extra.

So has anybody any insight into this? My phone will only fit in the tail section if I take off the leather protective cover and even then its awkward to connect the charging cable and of course the phone is going to be rattling around in there a lot which is not good for them apparently.

I was in the same boat however I've fitted mine myself into the tail. What I'm now going to do is a run a cable to the front and onto my mount where I'll by a waterproof 'wireless' charging point for my phone to sit on. Once the cable is hidden then it won't be a problem for me

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I considered doing that too but as far as I can see the rear compartment is fully sealed unless you drill a hole somewhere and with all the water spray from the rear wheel I am reluctant to do that.

So I take it then that there was not a factory option for a front USB port?

I considered doing that too but as far as I can see the rear compartment is fully sealed unless you drill a hole somewhere and with all the water spray from the rear wheel I am reluctant to do that.

So I take it then that there was not a factory option for a front USB port?

Plenty of room to feed a wire through after taking side pods off. Not heard of a front port option ...

There is a plug for 'optional accessories' on the top left hand side of the fuel tank. It's switchable on the ignition, so you could plug the USB port into this. Plenty of room in there, behind the covers.

There is a plug for 'optional accessories' on the top left hand side of the fuel tank. It's switchable on the ignition, so you could plug the USB port into this. Plenty of room in there, behind the covers.

I've found the plug under the tank but not found a cable/plug that fits.

Trying to get answer from BMW if these parts fits the plug under the tank. [h=1]BMW Plug-In Socket USB 61341598766[/h]
[h=1]BMW Plug-In Socket 61347714741[/h]
[h=1]BMW 2-Pole Separation Connector 83300444440[/h]

Also I'm wondering if it's the same plug under the tank as under the passenger seat?

There are actually two plugs underneath the LHS fairing. One is for "optional extras" the other is for the fork 2D sensor. I think they are next to each other

Back