Welcome from Ireland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alfaguy

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi - got my new S1000RR M package in January - so far all going well. Need some wet weather tyres though. The Metzeler K3's are good in the dry but I just don't feel confident on them in the wet.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am thinking of getting another set of carbon wheels and putting on the winter tyres on them so all I have to do then is to change the wheels when I feel it is necessary. Don't want to have to be changing tyres every minute as the rim edges would probably get ruined after a while. But I will post that issue on a separate thread in the appropriate forum sub section.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The bike just after it being taken off the van which delivered it down from Dublin to Tralee for me (300km) on Jan 8th 2021.

[/FONT]
The bike just after it being taken off the van which delivered it down from Dublin to Tralee for me (300km) on Jan 8th 2021.

3JXN01k.jpg

kPLed9X.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

That post did not come out right??

Hi - I got my new S1000RR M package in January - so far all going well. Need some wet weather tyres though. The Metzeler K3's are good in the dry but I just don't feel confident on them in the wet.

I am thinking of getting another set of carbon wheels and putting the winter tyres on them so all I have to do then is change the wheels when I feel it is necessary. Don't want to be changing the tyres every minute as the rim edges would probably get ruined after a while. But I will post that issue in a separate thread in the appropriate forum sub section.

The bike just after being taken off the van which delivered it down from Dublin to Tralee for me (300km) on Jan 8th 2021.

3JXN01k.jpg

kPLed9X.jpg

I?ve a friend from Tralee. Lovely part of the world to enjoy the roads.

You just need to do the necessary on your bike history and a wee bit about yourself.

Oh and welcome too. I?ve found the forum really useful and I?m sure you will too.

OK thanks. I am 62 from Tralee too. Retired from the police (sergeant) in 2013. I was a bike cop in Limerick city and Killarney for a total of about 10 years so never needed my own bike as I was paid to ride the cop bikes. They don't allow sergeants to ride bikes here so promotion in 1998 ended that. But then bought my first proper bike in 2000 a brand new Suzuki Bandit 600 then there was a bit of a gap and bought a new Triumph Bonneville T120 in 2017, then a Ducati Monster 821 later that year. I got a professionally restored 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R from Germany in 2018 and I got a 2016 Triumph Thruxton R in early 2019 and of course my S1000RR this year - my first sport bike. My Ducati is for sale at the moment as I am getting the new model Monster 973 plus model which should be in the dealer in July. Also have several classic cars and my daily driver is a 2018 Toyota Landcruiser.

So here is a pic of my current bikes (taken before I got the BMW obviously)

au9Snv7.jpg

Back