Lithium Charger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RammyRR

Reaction score
Apologies for no doubt revisiting previous threads but I?m about to replace my old Optimate with one suitable for the M?s lithium battery.

BMW charger apart, Optimate do both the Lithium and the Duo - so wondering what people are using for reliable long term charging?

Hey Rammy

You've found the Gen 4 elephant already ha.

I use the following:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/248878

Shame I didn't use in the last few days.... Permanent trickle is needed for the Lithium batteries.

does yours have the tracker Westy? Mine has been tucked up in the garage since start of October, started no issue on first press of the button last weekend, first time it has been started since getting tucked up?

Daz

does yours have the tracker Westy? Mine has been tucked up in the garage since start of October, started no issue on first press of the button last weekend, first time it has been started since getting tucked up?

Daz

Hiya,
Yes my gen 4 (m sport same as your photo) has the tracker installed and enabled
Seems like it dies in less than 2 weeks off the trickle charge.

Has yours been laid up with the tracker on since October?

Could the lithium be damaged (similar to lead acid once fully drained and doesn?t recover) as it was flat when I went to pick it up out of the showroom (Sept, new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rammy

You've found the Gen 4 elephant already ha.

I use the following:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/248878

Shame I didn't use in the last few days.... Permanent trickle is needed for the Lithium batteries.

Thanks Westy, best price I?ve seen for that one too so going I?m going to order it now.

Out of interest I was lucky to get one of the very first customer M?s in July 19, after a load of mither with previous Gen 3 Datatool I sacked that option for the Gen 4, and being an earlier one it came without the tracker and the battery?s been fine with occasional running and the odd few hours on my old Optimate - at least up to now.

Hiya,
Yes my gen 4 (m sport same as your photo) has the tracker installed and enabled
Seems like it dies in less than 2 weeks off the trickle charge.

Has yours been laid up with the tracker on since October?

Could the lithium be damaged (similar to lead acid once fully drained and doesn?t recover) as it was flat when I went to pick it up out of the showroom (Sept, new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Na, I don?t have the tracker, thankfully, had one on my V4 and it drained the battery in a couple of weeks as well

Daz

Back