Launch Control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Well I found out yesterday that my Sport has Launch control, had a little read in the manual but not tried it properly yet. Basically you press and hold the power button and then the shift light illuminates and you can hold the throttle fully open at 9k, that's as far as I've got. it does sound nice at 9k bouncing around a bit haha.

Anyone actually used it in anger yet? Is it just a case of releasing the clutch and keeping the throttle pinned ?

Keep it pinned but best way would be slow progressive release of clutch.

You can dump the clutch but bike has so much more to fix it's a poor launch.

For proper drag racing the launch control is too slow

Last edited:
Not tried it yet but the gen3, I think, released the revs in 2nd gear and the clutch was very grabby. Change the clutch to an STM which made all the difference. Dumping the clutch is not good....

launch control stays in control up to 3rd gear from memory if nothing else is altered (throttle pos/clutch) (might even be lean angle related also)

Its not that I'm going to be using it from every set of lights now its just I never knew I had it, loved it when I turned it on this am and the noise it makes at 9k. Just a bike that keeps giving really haha

Well I found out yesterday that my Sport has Launch control, had a little read in the manual but not tried it properly yet. Basically you press and hold the power button and then the shift light illuminates and you can hold the throttle fully open at 9k, that's as far as I've got. it does sound nice at 9k bouncing around a bit haha.

Anyone actually used it in anger yet? Is it just a case of releasing the clutch and keeping the throttle pinned ?

Yep did it to tick the box. Set DTC to sport if I remember.
It?s wild to say the least. It took me a couple of goes to get the clutch release smooth as they are a bit grabby at the heigh rpms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back