1st ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
BMW M.JPGBought my 1st s1k in 2010, having sold my 2008 gixer thou though I wondered if it was a wrong move, mainly the gearbox which was clunky, loads of false neutrals whereas the Gixer was silky smooth. Stuck with it for 5 years including 1 new engine, then sold it and upgraded to the gen3 in 2015. Much better although the box still left a lot to be desired, "why Mr BMW is it so hard to sort the box out"?
Anyway, traded that one in 2018 as the new Gen4 was rumoured due out, for an RSV4rf which was great but a different experience altogether. Intended to keep it for a year then swop to the Gen 4 but held on until all the problems had been sorted.
Decided to buy a year old as the warranty has now been increased so 2 years left for any problems.

2hr ride yesterday and all I can say is HOLY F**K what a weapon !!!! Box is silky smooth (my main gripe) no problems with neutral, power from anywhere in the rev range, brakes are on the button. Too much to get my head around so far, need to re calibrate after so long off the bike, should help at Snett in a couple of weeks.
Initial problem for me is rearsets too high and for some reason the gearlever seems too inboard.

So Mr BMW, you eventually may have got somewhere close with this one.

Last edited:
Rear sets too high after coming from a rsv4 haha!

Looks amazing though!

Great choice in hoodie I also have the same :)

Nice to see the new ride :)
Rearsets are further back. Maybe the tallest M-Sport seat would be a good option. (Part no. 52538406266)

Good to see you back on a BM. Hope to see you track side at some point.

Nice to see the new ride :)
Rearsets are further back. Maybe the tallest M-Sport seat would be a good option. (Part no. 52538406266)
I'm 6'3" and the taller seat with the M rearsets make a HUGE difference in terms of comfort on the road. Absolutely worth the money!

Awesome bike mate! Will agree about the gearshifter feeling, I thought the same when i got mine. It is also shocking in the wet, stupidly slippery. I changed my rearsets which was a big improvement.

Awesome bike mate! Will agree about the gearshifter feeling, I thought the same when i got mine. It is also shocking in the wet, stupidly slippery. I changed my rearsets which was a big improvement.

Have some pegs left over from my gen3, look exactly the same. Yes, stupidly slippery, changed them to a more grippy unit on the gen3, but just changed the pegs.

Last edited:
What date are you at Snett on? I'm up there on the 12th April evening - not sure whether to take the old Fireblade or the new M Sport, will be first track day in 7 months and the last one ended up with getting shunted off and a broken pelvis...!

What date are you at Snett on? I'm up there on the 12th April evening - not sure whether to take the old Fireblade or the new M Sport, will be first track day in 7 months and the last one ended up with getting shunted off and a broken pelvis...!
Take the Gen4. Its got more tricks to keep you upright.

Bman and I are there 12/13 daytime

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back