Serious tyre question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, this is a big one.

I've been waiting a long time to ask this question but have never had the nerve.

Can I have some serious answers (obviously mixed in with all the others)?

Here we go - What is the deal with Continental and Maxxis tyres? :confused-new::confused-new::confused-new:

I've been riding for years and had loads of different hoops on different bikes but never had either of those makes.

Whenever Continental are mentioned, I hear a terrible tale of delaminating rubber but it always sounds like the same story, retold. It's also the same issue I've heard on most other makes at some time or another but they never get mentioned in these tales of woe!

Maxxis are stunningly cheap and my brain tells me that's for a good reason but, sometimes, things are just cheaper.

So, this is the time to 'fess up, has anyone actually used either brand and got some first-hand feedback?

I had a pair of Continentals on my X7.. does that count ? They were round and Black

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I love conti road tyres never heard a bad word about them. Road Attack/Sport Attack.
They grip well, turn well feel very secure.

I only didn't like the tread pattern they moved to...

Race Attack supposed to be a great endurance slick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I hear Maxxis I always think Kawasaki for some reason. I did the Chris Walker Race School a couple of times and the 636s they used had Maxxis, they felt absolutely fine. Obviously I only used the bike for a day at a time, so I can't say anything about durability.

I've ridden a KTM Duke 790 on Maxxis OE tyres - they were fine, but it was dry and on the road, so pretty much anything would have been fine!

Back