Front pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Front Pads

The four compounds include RS, DC, DS-1 and DS-2.

• RS is a sinter compound, perfect for trackday and club racing but can also be used on the street. RS is made for thermal stability, which means no fade at higher temperatures and a very firm brake lever.
  • DC is a carbon compound, which means a smooth initial bite and a very manageable progressive feel. DC is made using NRS technology which SBS spearheaded back in 2001. NRS eliminates the use of glue and creates a virtually unbreakable bond between the friction material and the backing plate.
  • DS-1 and DS-2 are industry-leading in performance and durability. DS-1 has a strong initial bite with a linear friction curve where DS-2 has a lower initial bite but a progressive friction curve. DS-1 and DS-2 can be combined by running a set of each for a fine-tuned brake feel.
RS seem cheap for the tech info
SBS 960RS Racing Sinter Brake Pads *2 Pairs* BMW S1000RR XR 1250GS RT 2019>

s-l640.jpg

• [*=center]
    s-l640.jpg
    " src="https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ndYAAOSwb19fbgbx/s-l640.jpg" style="margin: auto; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; border-style: none; position: absolute; inset: 0px; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;">

?50.66
FAST & FREE

• Get it by Monday, 22 Mar from Filton, Bristol

• ?? New condition
  • ?? 30 day returns - Buyer pays return postage | Returns policy

2 Pairs of SBS Racing Sinter Brake Pads 960RS. S1000RR 2019>. R1250 GS 2019>. R1250 GS Adventure 2019>. R1250 RT 2019> (Inc Sport). I started trading in 2015 as C&W Performance. As a biker, I wanted to create a one stop website for all of your riding needs.
Read full description
See details and exclusions

Finally got to test the SBS RS on track. As mentioned previously i ran Brembo SC, i have used these on my Gen 3 and 4 so i am pretty familiar with these. On my Gen 4 I have used the OEM pad, Brembo SC and now the SBS RS.

I wasn't expecting them to be much better than the SC to honest, especially this price point but they really do perform well. The track at Bedford was pretty damn cold on Friday (Good Friday) so there was not a lot of danger of cooking the brakes. I should also mention I am maybe a mid/fast inter depending how well i know the track. (And what side of bed I got out of) I didn't notice any fade at my pace, they offered lot's of consistent feel and nice progressive braking power.

I should say I had also upgraded my master cylinder to a Gale Speed and the brake fluid is RF660. And the first time this setup I had used on track, so maybe the test wasn't completely fair haha.
But upgrades a side, when compared to the Brembo SC i would personally say they are better performing. But i think BBB was right, these won't last long. But at this price point and for a bike i still use on the road it seems a good balance. In regards to dust, i cannot say i noticed them any worse than previous pads i have used.

The other thing i would add, I used to get really bad brake judder at high speed braking with the SC (only on the Gen 4). I am not stating these are caused by the SC pads and could be down to a high spot on the discs. But i always clean my discs and rub them down with sand paper prior to new pads being fitted. (Disc run out had been checked) I didn't have any judder this time round.

Either way i am happy with these pads.

Back